Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cate Blanchett

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Cate Blachett frequently goes vintage onscreen--for examples see her fantastic performances in The Aviator, Charlotte Gray, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and the upcoming The Good German. I've always felt she has incredible style in real life as well. She is always poised and polished and might just be the best celebrity example of our recently described "New Vintage Lady."

Check out this picture of her at the premiere of her most recent movie Babel:

babel_004.jpg

It's a great current intepretation of 1930s fashion--a sleek, bias-cut gown with beautiful hair and makeup. The slightly crumpled quality of the material (silk?) makes it seem so fresh and interesting.

What do you all think?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
She is definately one of my favorite modern day actresses. She has great style and is an amazing actress. And she has great roles to show her diversity. Of course, lots of period pieces which is right up my alley. I'm very excited to see her in the upcoming Elizabeth sequel.

GOK

One Too Many
I really like her, both as an actor and as a lady of style.

Lauren said:
She is definately one of my favorite modern day actresses. She has great style and is an amazing actress. And she has great roles to show her diversity. Of course, lots of period pieces which is right up my alley. I'm very excited to see her in the upcoming Elizabeth sequel.

:eek:fftopic: Elizabeth was filmed in part at of my ancestral homes! :D

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Lady of Style

GOK said:
I really like her, both as an actor and as a lady of style.

:eek:fftopic: Elizabeth was filmed in part at of my ancestral homes! :D

Oh, I am very curious, where is you ancestral's home is it a castle? :eek:fftopic:

GOK

One Too Many
The one used in Elizabeth is Raby (County Durham) - it's one of quite a few that my family held. Several of my family have their tombs in St Mary's church in nearby Staindrop.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:

An Elizabeth sequel? As in, continuing on the part she played as Elizabeth the First? I knew there was another Elizabeth movie coming out, but it is about the current Queen, and takes place right after Diana's death. How did I not hear about this?[huh]

GOK

One Too Many
VargasGirl said:
I knew there was another Elizabeth movie coming out, but it is about the current Queen, and takes place right after Diana's death. [huh]

That's already out and is called The Queen. It stars another fine actor, Helen Mirren.

The new Blanchett film is called The Golden Age and is about Elizabeth and Raleigh (played by Clive Owen). Geoffrey Rush is also in the film, so it may well be rather good. It is released next year.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I'm a fan of Cate Blanchett, too. As you recall, she played Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator and starred in Lord of the Rings.

GOK

One Too Many
Paisley said:
and starred in Lord of the Rings.

Well, let's hope it wasn't too disastrous for her career, eh? :rage:

She was excellent as KH, and I really enjoyed that film. Nice to see Leonardo getting back to acting - I could almost forgive him for Titanic! lol

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Hi. I just joined and this is my first post. I decided I had to comment on the fact that I LOVE Cate Blanchett. I absolutely adored her as KH in The Aviator. I also liked her in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. (Bill Murray movie) She has such wonderful style.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
She is indeed a delight to have in our mix of modern day actresses.
I like her because she takes roles that are challenging, along with the
fact that she seems to put her all into the character. She is an asset
for our generation.

I recently read how Val Kilmer admitted he has this crush on her.
Apparently he & Cate did the film 'Missing' together.
Here is a bit of what he said

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Val Kilmer fell hard for co-star Cate Blanchett while the pair were filming Western thriller THE MISSING in 2003.

The 46-year-old actor admits his gorgeous Australian co-star left him speechless, even though he knew she has been happily married to playwright and screenwriter ANDREW UPTON since 1997.

He tells Elle magazine, "I not only forgot my dialogue in the scene, I forgot that I was acting, I forgot I was on a movie set, and I just stood there staring at her."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko