Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caxton cafe

40Cal

One Too Many
1940's Caxton Twelve Fifty. Probably the nicest felt of any hat I own. Amazing quality of workmanship in this one. Colors of felt and ribbon are superb.
caxton.jpg
caxton1.jpg
caxton2.jpg
caxton3.jpg
caxton4.jpg
caxton5.jpg

40Cal

One Too Many
Astounding. What a gem!
Thanks Fed! It is indeed a gem!

what a beauty Robert
Caxton made a hell of a hat
Thanks Ant. I swear if I was blindfolded in a room with all my other hats , I would be able to find this one just by the feel of the felt. Incredibly soft.
Maybe I will try that.... gives me an excuse to touch my hats! haha

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Fed! It is indeed a gem!

Thanks Ant. I swear if I was blindfolded in a room with all my other hats , I would be able to find this one just by the feel of the felt. Incredibly soft.
Maybe I will try that.... gives me an excuse to touch my hats! haha
where did you snag that one if you don't mind me asking ... it is unique compared to most Caxtons I have seen.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I recall losing an auction for a Caxton about a year ago. At the time I was astounded at the price it sold for... now I see why and wish I had bid more on the one that got away. Very nice hat!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
1940's Caxton Twelve Fifty. Probably the nicest felt of any hat I own. Amazing quality of workmanship in this one. Colors of felt and ribbon are superb.

Wow that is a fine hat. The Caxtons that have been showcased over the years do exemplify the excellent quality ofthis hat line. 40Cal, your hat is truly fine! Wear it with pride sir.

what a beauty Robert. Caxton made a hell of a hat
+1 Anthony. In fact, I bet the thread creator, AL, would appreciate that we are still appreciating his fine hat (post #1).

40Cal

One Too Many
I recall losing an auction for a Caxton about a year ago. At the time I was astounded at the price it sold for... now I see why and wish I had bid more on the one that got away. Very nice hat!
Thanks Fed. This one was quite a deal also. Went for a lot less than I thought it would. I feel very fortunate to have it.

40Cal

One Too Many
Wow that is a fine hat. The Caxtons that have been showcased over the years do exemplify the excellent quality ofthis hat line. 40Cal, your hat is truly fine! Wear it with pride sir.

+1 Anthony. In fact, I bet the thread creator, AL, would appreciate that we are still appreciating his fine hat (post #1).
Thank you, Eric. I enjoyed going through the posts on this thread. Some wonderful hats! Do you still have that guitar ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Eric. I enjoyed going through the posts on this thread. Some wonderful hats! Do you still have that guitar ?

Gorgeous hats.

Thanks - I sold the Claxton a while back. I discovered that owning more acoustic guitars or owning the most expensive acoustic does not make me a better player. I am down to a couple of guitars and happy. Although I do have a commisioned guitar in the works (http://www.arkneweraguitars.com/13.html) that should arrive in the next 12 months. At that time I will have to decide which guitars stay and which I should find appreciative homes. First world problem, Eric -

40Cal

One Too Many
Gorgeous hats.

Thanks - I sold the Claxton a while back. I discovered that owning more acoustic guitars or owning the most expensive acoustic does not make me a better player. I am down to a couple of guitars and happy. Although I do have a commisioned guitar in the works (http://www.arkneweraguitars.com/13.html) that should arrive in the next 12 months. At that time I will have to decide which guitars stay and which I should find appreciative homes. First world problem, Eric -
Ahh...If only I could play a guitar. Wish I had learned when I had a chance .
Looks like a very interesting instrument that you are having built!
I decided to collect typewriters a few years ago...haha, I have no idea why. I can't even type . I suppose I could do the same with guitars !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko