• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Changes in Attitude in Marriage & Divorce from the Golden Era to Now.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by just_me, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I have autism as well (Asperger.) Dealing with people like us can be difficult, to say the least. Sometimes you have to do what is best for you, to keep your own sanity and health intact. You did what you could, and sometimes it's just time to move on. I hope things get easier for you though--certainly no fun.

2. You do what you gotta do, man. I've always struggled with hitting curveballs myself, but somehow I get on base, mostly cuz there's little other choice. Four years ago a set of unfortunate developments had me scrambling to hold on to most everything of value my wife and I owned. I wouldn't wish to go through all of that work (and anxiety) again, but I know I would if I had to.

belfastboy and vitanola like this.
  3. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

I have been reading this more and more, some think the pound is where to find love, I agree my chocolate lab is the most loving individual I know, my golden lab wants to protect me and always run back on a walk in the woods with the girls to check on me, and our horse its cranky and its has royal bearing but can fool you with its other side, my daughter laid down in the arena last month on the sand and the horse laid down beside her, imagine that, we are very fond of our livestock as we call them , they make us kinder folks. I hope that my single experience is kinder that some I had read here. Today I faxed through a order for 3 new fedoras, why 3 , when you buy them wholesale you have to buy 3. the next year outa be loo loo 59 lark

4. My good friend has a son (38 yrs old) with Asperger. He is legally blind, and has a mild form of CPalsey. When she was away I went over to fix the brake on his walker and hang out with him. He is brilliant especially with electronics, computers, cel phones etc. He queried me on my computer/phone/electronic likes and dislikes to which I had little response. Finally in exasperation he exclaimed...."What do you know?"......I replied, "I fixed your damn brake didn't I?". When my friend came home she asked me how it all went. I replied, "I don't think he wants to hang out with me ever again as I am convinced he thinks I am developmentally slow and next time wants you to send over someone smarter."

vallettavalentine likes this.
  5. We can be like that--I used to ask other children in school why they couldn't spell words properly, and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they were offended when I asked them. I wanted to know why. I only found out a few months ago that other people can't see words in their head as they speak, or as others speak (I was hyperlexic, reading at around age 2.) It's not out of any real hatred, just that we don't get how others operate. Being female with AS is different as well, and I went undiagnosed until recently, at the age of 35. My special interest is languages, not really how they operate, but "accumulating" them and using them. My mother is more of the stereotypical hypersensitive Aspie who can hear flourescent lights humming, but I have to have everything exaggerated--more noise, more spice, more everything. This seems like a very welcoming and open community though, and it's good to be here where people are helpful and understanding.

6. Well, they've put up with me for nearly a dozen years now.

vallettavalentine likes this.