Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

China people's liberation army coat

Rus839

New in Town
Do you know if this coat in the picture is genuine or a replica ? because I never see this type of coat with sheepskin lining and usually these are replicas but the seller tell that is an original army coat

08-1127004000.png

08-1127004000_a.png

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
This looks a lot like the old Swedish m1909 surplus coat.
Honestly, these aren't anything special or sought after, i can't imagine anyone would bother to make a replica or a fake of something like that.
I wouldn't worry about it being fake.

Edward

Bartender
This looks a lot like the old Swedish m1909 surplus coat.
Honestly, these aren't anything special or sought after, i can't imagine anyone would bother to make a replica or a fake of something like that.
I wouldn't worry about it being fake.

That would be my take on it too. The PLA still involves conscription (over and above the standing military). All kids there have to do compulsory military training - it's even a key part of the first year of all university courses. Given the sheer number of uniforms they'll need to cover that, as well as the size of China, including the regions which have a fierce Winter, I can't see any reason why there would be a market for these as repros, though it is plausible that unworn 'surplus' will exist from the uniform suppliers, but that's as real as any milspec jacket from the current supplier, like current A2s. Also, I can't really see there being much of a market for repros of Chinese PLA stuff. It's not like there's a demand for that in the West, and I don't see any of it being worn as fashion wear in China (bear in mind they've all already had to wear it at some point for their national service... Doesn't make it so attractive as fashion). The only shops I've ever managed to find in Beijing selling "military surplus" had none of the interesting Chinese stuff; it was mostly "American-style" military-chic fashion stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk