Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Gifts for your Fella

texasgirl

One Too Many
Wondering if anyone has some cool ideas for the man in your life?

I just came upon this super great deal I thought I'd share. Colonel Littleton Cuff Links. I bought a pair for my husband last year for Christmas and he loves them. They have several on clearance, as well as many other fine products (check the Last Chance category):

http://www.colonellittleton.com/?p=products&cat=81

Gray and burgundy enamel. Art deco cuff links. Gold filled trim. Made in England. Circa 1930.
Original Price - $120.00. Last Chance Price - $50.00.
zje-gx.jpg

Any other ideas, post them here!!!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Those are swell-looking!

Unfortunately, my husband is a jeans/shorts/t-shirt kind of guy and getting him to dress up is like pulling the proverbial tooth. I think I'm just going to get him the second season of Hogan's Heroes for Christmas this year. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
My boyfriend lost his attaché case earlier this year and has been carrying around this horribly ugly backpack to work. He dresses in 50s vintage every day, so that backpack drives me crazy!

I found a reddish-brown 50s attaché/British-style book bag in great shape for $35 from a local vintage shop. It was tricky, because he needs something with a shoulder strap and most of the vintage briefcases don't have shoulder straps!

ShortClara

One Too Many
As I posted in Observation Bar, so far the plan is to get him an iPhone. Mine's not into vintage at all, and he's an uber geek so I feel pretty secure about my choice. I've gotten a few stocking stuffers, and I may hit up H&M for some cool button-downs for him for work. He started watching "What Not to Wear" with me a while ago, and since then his style is stepped up :D

I may just give him clothes and put the iPhone in his stocking for last, and let him think I got super lame ;)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
TV? Whassat?

If he's vintage inclined, a tie(specifically, vintage) is NOT pass?©. There are plenty on OFAS and to be found elsewhere at reasonable prices. $25 can get you a killer one.

Heck, guys don't mind if you flat out ask them what they want, that's the way we are, very direct.

Play into his hobbies. I'd love a set of ZG flares for a first generation(S30) Datsun Z, in the unlikely event I've got a secret admirer hiding out here. :D

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Ace is getting a pair of Acme peewees...it's not really a surprise though, I let him pick which pair he wants from good ol' eBay. My Mom and I might go together and get him an amp for his steel too, but I have to check into what kinds of deals are out there on that little surprise! No spillin' the bean on that one please cowboy76! ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The Wingnut said:
Heck, guys don't mind if you flat out ask them what they want, that's the way we are, very direct.

Every guy I've ever asked that to grunted and told me he didn't want anything.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I thought of paying for a full shave... with hot towels and a cut throat razor and all the trimmings. Not sure how you could wrap it up for the opening though. And my sig. oth. currently wears a beard. It'll have to go in the bank with all those great dynamic 'first date' ideas that I'll never get to use now that I have a life partner!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Ada Veen said:
I thought of paying for a full shave... with hot towels and a cut throat razor and all the trimmings. Not sure how you could wrap it up for the opening though.

Write it out nice on a card and decorate it up pretty. You can present them in the form of a gift certificate or a coupon like this:

"The holder of this coupon is entitled to one free massage from their loved one"

Make them present the coupon to redeem their prize :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
As I have no "man" but have a few friends that fall into the male catergory :p
one of them is a smoker and uses a cigerette case. I was about shocked when I saw that, all the smokers I have known in my life, and never seen anyone use a ciggy case. Well his latch is broken and I was thinking of getting him a new case, then I was thinking, maybe a vintage one if the price differ isn't too bad. Actually, besides him and my best friend of 13 years, I think they are the only ones that live in town, and I might get something from the smoking line for him too...although he is a slim cigar man, I was thinking shaving things, from the other thread about Bed Bath and Beyond, but I think he may use electric since he is now currentl legally blind, I dont know.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I got my boyfriend a 1930's mint condition leather "dop kit" (still has an un-used bar of Lux soap in it!). It has a few brushes, soap case, cologne bottle, razor case, a mirror with a picture frame on the other (still has the original picture from the 30's in the frame), and a few other goodies.

I gave it (plus a bunch of other presents) to him early since I won't be around for Christmas. He loved it. And it only cost $15 total! :)

Pinkie

New in Town
pretty faythe said:
As I have no "man" but have a few friends that fall into the male catergory :p
one of them is a smoker and uses a cigerette case. I was about shocked when I saw that, all the smokers I have known in my life, and never seen anyone use a ciggy case. Well his latch is broken and I was thinking of getting him a new case, then I was thinking, maybe a vintage one if the price differ isn't too bad.

A smart table lighter and cigarette holder set would be nice. Something that matches is always good. I've seen them sold as a set on eBay and they aren't too expensive!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My boyfriend tried on a Burberry jacket at Syms, an off-price store near here. He loved it but it was still plenty expensive. We left it on the rack, but I bought it several days later to give to him for Xmas.

Well, after hearing him complain about having nothing to wear and about how he should have bought that jacket for three months, I caved in and just gave him the thing! So now he's getting something small. :rolleyes:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
I got my boyfriend a 1930's mint condition leather "dop kit"

A dop kit is a fine gift for any fella. I bought my dad a nice leather one last year and he loves it, since he works overseas and travels a lot for work.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
the dop kit does sound like a great idea for almost any guy... mine's getting a restored Philco Predicta set, books, and probably some tools this year.
About a month before Christmas we exchange wish lists and send each other links to websites, Amazon works well for this because you can view their wish lists and keep a gift idea list also. We both know each other's tastes and sizes pretty well so it works out.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Ada Veen said:
I thought of paying for a full shave... with hot towels and a cut throat razor and all the trimmings. Not sure how you could wrap it up for the opening though. And my sig. oth. currently wears a beard. It'll have to go in the bank with all those great dynamic 'first date' ideas that I'll never get to use now that I have a life partner!

My favorite thing to do for wrapping gift certificates and things of the sort, is to put the gift certificate in an envelope, then get a BIG box with lots of colorful tissue paper to fill it, and THEN put the envelope on top of all the tissue paper in the box, and wrap the box up beautifully! Then they actually can unwrap something, rather then just opening a meesly little envelope.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Last year I got the fella some vintage girlie mags for fun. I figure I can compete with someone who is now 70. Also got him a vintage 59 chevy auto repair manual as he just purchased one to fix up. As well as a stack of vintage Frank Sinatra albums.

This year I am struggling. I have thought about getting him a vinyl to mp3 converter for his collection. He appreciates vintage but is a bit of a techy as well. I love the full shave idea - that is really cool and I think he'd get a kick out of it. He's a definite jeans and tshirt guy but we did run across some fantastic vintage shirts not too long ago that he commented on. I may just have to pick that up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points