Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chukka Boots

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Nice pair of chukka boots

I just got me a new pair of these boots to replace my old ones;

bota-panama-jack-brown-chukka-boots-arthur-knight-side.jpg

These kind of shoes were used by British troops in the desert during WWII - desert rats :)

...and I thought you may like the shoe maker's shop. They are from Spain;

https://www.panamajack.es/en/man/footwear-1

All their stuff is superb and very durable. They have a Goretex and a fur version of some of their boots. I think all of them come with an anatomic removable leather insole that makes this stuff very comfortable.

paulgt3

Familiar Face
We were issued a similar type of boot in US Air Force basic training in 1977. I hated them. I wore my combat boots
99% of the time and the Chukka boots when I knew we weren't to be marching.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
We were issued a similar type of boot in US Air Force basic training in 1977. I hated them. I wore my combat boots
99% of the time and the Chukka boots when I knew we weren't to be marching.

The US Air Force used chukka boots in the Pacific during wwII :) I like them whenever you don't need a full boot. They go perfect with khakis, a t-shirt and your A-2 or any other flight jacket.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have always liked Chukka's and particularly the pair just shown Aerojoe. However, with my long, narrow feet and skinny ankles, I seem to have a constant problem with the bottom hem of my pants slipping inside and am constantly pulling the bottom of my pants out of the shoes. Does anyone else have this problem? :eusa_doh:

Peacoat

Bartender
I have always liked Chukka's and particularly the pair just shown Aerojoe. However, with my long, narrow feet and skinny ankles, I seem to have a constant problem with the bottom hem of my pants slipping inside and am constantly pulling the bottom of my pants out of the shoes. Does anyone else have this problem? :eusa_doh:

Fanch, no one else has the problems you have.

Aerojoe

Practically Family

These particular brand doesn't make them too wide around the ankle;

0401H75680_001_fillheadcut_408_480.jpg

The yellow version was a big hit in the south of Europe some time ago;

bota-C1-napa-vintage-chukka-boots-panama-jack-side.jpg

I've never been into yellow shoes :p but they don't go bad with jeans. For desert are perfect;

Panama-Jack-boots-of-war1.jpg

These pair belonged to a German reporter that was working in Iraq -> http://blog.panamajack.es/en/2010/12/10/the-boots-of-war/

Last edited:

DougC

Practically Family
those are awesome! I have a pair just like them from five or so years ago made by Havana Joe-same little man motif and everything. They wear like iron.

Edward

Bartender
Nice looking boots. Chukkas are things that can be hit and miss with me... some look fine, others look like, well.... some kind of hippy slipper. As a rule I prefer something with more lacing, but the limited number of eyelets on these would make then great for air travel, given how often one has to remove one's shoes at airport security these days.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Likewise. I'm a UK 9.5, wide (G) fitting. I went for the UK 10/Euro 44. Should be ok, all being well. Should arrive tomorrow, all being well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112