Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clean Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2283.gif

Love-couple with the car, in the woods.

Suddenly, she says:
"I have to tell you something. I'm a call girl and an half-hour costs 50 Dollar."

He:
"Well, that doesn't matter." He gives her the money and ..... her decent.

On the return run, he says:
"I have to tell you something, too. I'm a taxi-driver and the return run costs 200 Dollar."

Last edited:

totallyfrozen

One of the Regulars
The above tale originated in a chain letter. From www.breakthechain.org -

Tales of unappreciative foreigners getting their comeuppance at the hands of a quick-witted "patriot" are popular during times of war. The ethnicity of the rebuff's recipient varies with whomever the U.S. is currently at war, but tales of insolent Arabs have been plentiful since 9/11. Other popular missives in this genre tell of a Budweiser truck driver who pulls his company's product from a convenience store's cooler after supposedly witnessing employees celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center and the Minister who shames a Muslim cleric into admitting that his is a violent religion.

There are two possibilities regarding the origins of the story above:

It is true, but was intended for a few recipients who knew the author well; or

All or parts of it are made up from whole cloth.

Unfortunately, as written, it gives no clues that could help us validate it. It's not dated and the author does not identify himself or herself, nor does he or she give the identity of the son (not even which branch of "the military" he serves). While we're told it happened in California, we're not told which city or even the name of the grocery store. Without these facts, we must label this one rumor. It is quite possible that the author assumed those who would receive it would know enough to properly categorize it. But, it's equally possible that it is fanciful fiction built around a long-standing tradition of urban legend.

E-mail cannot be relied upon to accurately convey information. As this one circulates, it is taking on many aspects of legend. Later versions add 'detail' absent from the one above, such as the "the whole store broke out in applause," and "the woman abandoned her purchase and ran from the store, ashamed." Also, some who have forwarded it have inadvertently added their contact information to it, setting them up for a case of False Attribution Syndrome. Break this chain.
^^^This is known as a "wet towel".
Just as throwing a wet towel on a flame extinguishes the fire, this sort is response kills all the fun in a story and sucks all the fun out of the room...the room, in this case, being a Joke thread.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points