Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clotheslines

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Our nephew Patrick, about 20 at the time, was over and used our hot tub. Drying off with one of our towels, he asked why it was so "rough".

We explained that's how they dry up on the line, and we like the exfoliating effect! I find a "fluffy" feeling towel be feel unpleasant.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Roughness is a function of how fast it dries on the line -- if you put a towel in the direct sun it'll dry faster, and rougher, than if you hang it in the shade. Figure out when the sun hits your line, and plan accordingly. It also helps to hang out towels on a windy day -- the flapping in the wind accomplishes the same result of breaking up roughness as tumbling does in a dryer.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I'll try to post a picture, but our line is quite long (between a pole erected for the purpose and a tree on a neighbouring property - hey, it's the country), and oriented north/south, so as long as there is sunlight, it's on the line.

Wind is hit and miss, and with two girls under ten laundry is, shall we say, "regular". We don't mind much. But our city slicker brethren, sheesh, let's thicken that skin!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Just put the second load up on the line, but it's been tough. The line has come off the wheel at one end. Once the clothes are dry and down, I'll tinkering about with it, hopefully get it back and running smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points