• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Cologne and perfume

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by moustache, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Tabac Original - Eau de Cologne.

2. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Vintage bottles of British Sterling, and English Leather from ebay.
    The British Sterling IS different from the newer release from Dana.
    Also, the English Leather IS stronger and has a greater longevity than the $7 dollar version from Dana as well.
    British Sterling was $45 with shipping, while the English Leather was $59 but it was an 8 oz bottle, with the original wood box of all things. :D
    My wife asked "how do people still have the vintage colognes and how do they still retain their scent?"
    Oh I don't attempt to solve every mystery of the universe, it's just not worth my time. :cool:

3. Zachary

Zachary Familiar Face

Has anyone of you ever tried Fossil 1954? I love it, since it's as much a fragrance of vintage style, as the firm Fossil is itself. If I should ever drive a 1955 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith, that's the perfume to go!

4. Sweat, whiskey and cigar smoke!

5. Zachary

Zachary Familiar Face

Hermès is an overwhelmingly expensive firm. What I do like about them is their perfumes. Voyage d'Hermès for the lady, Terre d'Hermès for the gent.

Excellent, but even more expensive is the Hermessence collection.
    Have a look at:
    Cuir d'ange
    Vetiver Tonka
    Poivre Samarcande
    Epice Marine
    Santal Massoïa

Price: 215 € per 100 ml, or any four á 15 ml for 132 €.

6. emigran

emigran Practically Family

I have only worn Amber essential oil for last dozen years... extracted from fossilized resin... primarily from Eden Botanicals an Americcan company.
    Dad wore Old Spice..
    I went through many phases...English Leather, British Sterling. Pino Silvestri, Agua di Silva, Canoe, Jean Nate, Patchouli Musk, vanilla, sandalwood... Mennen...Zizanie, Halston paco Rabanne... even Brut (cause Joe Namath wore it)...!!!

there's more I cannot remember
    I just don't like when someone's fragrance announces their arrival seemingly minutes before they get there...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017