Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

COMPARING AN ELC RW 1401-P WITH AN ORIGINAL

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The ELC jacket is pretty close to originals, especially now that they use Crown zips. There are suptle differences, notably their use of olive thread, and the lack of indentation in the pocket nipple snaps for example. The colour of the hh is very close indeed. Here are some comparative pictures of a size 42 repro and a size 44 original so you can make up your own mind!

009-42.jpg

010-41.jpg
001-29.jpg

017-29.jpg
008-39.jpg

013-41.jpg
003-38.jpg

011-35.jpg
002-35.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow Andrew...pretty impressive!

What a marvellous pictorial comparison between the two RW's. Eastman's have done a pretty good job. My first A-2 was a RW 1401 and I loved it, but then changed it for a Star Sportswear, which again I totally loved! So why do I keep changing them...? [huh]

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Paddy. The ELC RW is one of my favourite original maker jackets. I bought it last year and wear it on a daily basis along my ELC Werber and Cable. The original RW also gets some wear, especially as the jacket was professionally re-lined and had the knits replaced, so its not like wearing a 100% original!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Wonderful!!! Your contributions to the body of knowledge here are among the very best we have, every time. Thank you!

The hide on the new jacket seems to compare pretty favorably with the original in these photos, both in color and texture.

monarch

New in Town
Hides compared

Yeah, texture and color seem to be a perfect fit. Is this the Warhorse? How does the weight of ELC's horse hide compare to the original?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto