Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait for these to arrive. At 34 and 40 pages, they will have a wealth of stuff you just don't get in the typical British catalogues. The same seller has other similar ones, including one in the same series from 1908, which doesn't interest me … should anyone be interested ;)

$(KGrHqR,!p8E63Zwh8TJBO4dCDyvCQ~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130670541549?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$(KGrHqUOKm4E4PccYS4mBOFH4MCoK!~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130672017360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Baron,

When you can I'd love to see scans from those catalogues. I collect old things from Manufrance, here is an old 1950s box of cartridges I have:

249864304.jpg

In the late 19th century to the 1970s Manufrance made everything from shotguns (the Robust and Ideal), to bicycles, to toys etc. in the old industrial and armament city of St. Etienne (about an hour's drive from Lyon).

Really? 7 1/8th is my size and I was actually planning to bid on it, but I got distracted and when I saw the winning bid later, I was shocked at how much people someone would pay for a cap.

That is your size? Interesting. I suppose it might have something to do with the fact that his dad has a 7 5/8 hat size. He might just get there. :p
That was a good price---for the seller. :p

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Snagged this western sports coat off Etsy for a good price. The scalloped yoke and bi-swing back really do it for me!

001-29.jpg

002-20.jpg

003-22.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
Oooh a palm beach suit. I didn't even see it. The price is still fair

See that's what I was counting on, that maybe this one just went completely under the radar! Sadly, only in my dreams. It was literally at $29.99 for 6 days, then the last day it went up a little and I was still winning, then it of course went up with the eBay sniping and whatnot. It's a pet peeve and usually why I just buy from Etsy or use BIN only.

And yeah I feel your pain Feraud, out of price range at the moment but a very good deal.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I had seen it. Nice unusual colour, but too small. Story of my life, as Mario would say. It went for a pretty low price, though, considering it's not the standard cream colour.

Feraud

Bartender
The price sat at 29 bucks up until the last few seconds then jump to the final bid. Boy that hurt.. :D

I particularly like that it wasn't the typical cream color. There is a recent conversation in another thread about the variety of colors Palm Beach cloth used to come in and the fact we now only see cream. The only variety in Palm Beach cloth is seen in neckwear.
I hope a Lounger won it and shares some additional photos!

Last edited:

Gene

Practically Family
The price sat at 29 bucks up until the last few seconds then jump to the final bid. Boy that hurt.. :D

I particularly like that it wasn't the typical cream color. There is a recent conversation in another thread about the variety of colors Palm Beach cloth used to come in and the fact we now only see cream. The only variety in Palm Beach cloth is seen in neckwear.
I hope a Lounger won it and shares some additional photos!

I agree! I had a WWII officer's tailored khaki jacket in Palm Beach cloth. Ended up going on eBay for $20 [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21