Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool new Vanson x Union Garage CR

This came to me via email yesterday. Looks to be a really nice and quite functional CR that includes armor. It appears as if they've taken some design elements from their sport rider jackets and meshed them with their more traditional model A and B jackets. I really like the looks of it, particularly the deep gussets and collar treatment.
http://uniongaragenyc.com/shop/featured/union-garage-v7-jacket?mc_cid=30edf6f667&mc_eid=10346b1efb
IMG_6128.JPG

IMG_6129.JPG

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
This is nice. I like the way they stitched the sleeves , Vanson usually folds them under.......
Funny you say that. The first few times I saw pics of Vanson, I just assumed the sleeves had been too long and the owner had taken them to a tailor to have them shortened. It never looked "finished" in my eyes. This one looks fantastic.

Every single thing on this jacket, from the top of the collar to the bottom hem is perfect. Each of these "vintage inspired" jackets come with the exact same blurb; how it combines classic design elements with modern features (and usually ends up being anything but a motorcycle jacket) but for the first time since I've cared to pay attention, seems like this jacket actually makes it true.
It's more modern than any so far but somehow doesn't look so. All the good stuff is there without it being just another mish-mash of random details from old jackets slapped together. It's clear a lot of thought and work went into this one. Pockets are right where they're supposed to be, deep gussets, narrow sleeve openings, collar, zip-down pocket closing, longer back, not to mention armor... Damn perfect bike jacket.
Everything I've wanted in one is there... Would buy, 11/10.

This would be my everyday jacket. I'd wear this one to work, out on the town...whenever. Be nice if they offered a priced down version sans armor. Hopefully somebody around here pulls the trigger on one and gives it a review. Hopefully it's not me. I'm really in no position to do such a thing...but I keep looking at it. Again and again.

Dat video... I just saw that there's an armor zipper in the lining fold. And the way it fits... You can PP $5K to Japan and still won't get a jacket that looks and fits nearly as good. To hell with it all...

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
IMO The back is SHORTER than the regular Model A.............I always felt the back of the Model A was too long. Size 42 has a back length of 27.25.........

Not a fan. HATE the throat/collar latch.
LOL. That's actually the part I like best. Although the strap itself could have been a bit wider. One of the more functional if fully fastened to the top. The single snap type almost never work, and if they do it's like being choked out by your jacket.

It looks quite nice, especially considering the fact that it includes armor. It looks much nicer than most jackets with armor.
I agree. The inclusion of the armor is pretty darn nice and the variable fit for it is impressive. I think a great deal of thought went into this jacket and it certainly shows. I'm overbudget on jackets now with an Aero in production. But hoping I can pull the trigger on one after xmas...the oxblood version would be my choice. This isn't octagon. And I LIKE it.
IMG_6135.PNG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112