Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool new Vanson x Union Garage CR

willyto

One Too Many
Such a sleek design and with armor! I really like it and no exterior logos :D

Really really nice. I wish more makers would produce leather jackets prepared for armor.

Does anyone know the song in the part where the guy rides the bike?

LOL. That's actually the part I like best. Although the strap itself could have been a bit wider. One of the more functional if fully fastened to the top. The single snap type almost never work, and if they do it's like being choked out by your jacket.

Yep! The collar is yet another part of this jacket that's been shifted into another level altogether. Literally everything is perfect!

ai00344

One of the Regulars
This would be my everyday jacket. I'd wear this one to work, out on the town...whenever. Be nice if they offered a priced down version sans armor. Hopefully somebody around here pulls the trigger on one and gives it a review. Hopefully it's not me. I'm really in no position to do such a thing...but I keep looking at it. Again and again.
"Hopefully somebody around here pulls the trigger on one and gives it a review. Hopefully it's not me." Your self restraint is truely inspiring

Just get a size too small for you and I’ll take it off your hands when you get sick of it [emoji23]
IMG_6136.GIF

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Well said Butte.

That's a really unique CR, and the fact it's offered in Oxblood makes it all the more interesting. Neat Armour is included and was actively designed in. If I still had my Nighthawk 650 I'd be all over that for the bike.

Detial from the jacket ad itself: It's basically based on a 1940's Buco, but modified to take modern armor, and the pattern was tweaked just enough to make it all work in a low-key, logo-less finished package. First and foremost it's designed for on-bike use, but take 2 minutes to take the shoulder armor and back protector out (the elbow armor hides nicely away) and you ought to be alle (typo noted in ad) to walk into any fancy restaurant without raising an eyebrow.

Sharp indeed, but I agree not to everyone's taste. The Strap on the collar is similar to my Lost Worlds Easy Ryder, wonder if Stu has seen this yet. Hope we see a review of it here soon, but as Tony said, I hope it's not mine. :)

Last edited:
It’s US$950. Isn’t that double the price of a regular Vanson?
Not double but yeah it's certainly priced a bit higher than the other CR's in their range. Kind of like those left field x Vanson d pockets, the middle man has to get their cut too.

It's pricey, but considering you're getting 5x better jacket than anything on the market ATM - like literally better as in better - I'd say the price is very realistic. Just a decent set of armor inserts is close to $50. . .

The Strap on the collar is similar to my Lost Worlds Easy Ryder, wonder if Stu has seen this yet.

He'd better be quiet on the matter since he lifted the design from Schott.

I've never had a CR with a collar like this. Seems like the best way to avoid the choker effect I seem to always encounter when I fully fasten a CR. TBH I'd like this jacket totally collarless. Like this:
IMG_6144.JPG

My pet peeve with CR's is choking or irritating neck jabbing collars.

Oh boy, that Oxblood looks killer. I hope the reviews come back with a big thumbs down on that jacket and color.

$950 is where most every Vanson collaboration sits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk