Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooper A2 46R wanted

Alistair

New in Town
Hi people,

I am a vintage watch guy who has always loved vintage since visits to Camden market in London as a teenager... own lots of vintage including a USN G1 which is way too small for me.... I am looking for a 46R Cooper with darker older lining... nothing flash just an ok one.. I had a 48 which was miles too big... tried a 44 which was too tight so 46 it is... if anyone has one in ok condition that needs a home I'd appreciate it if they could drop me a line....

All the best and I'll be back soon for a good read.... cheers Alistair

alistairgibbons@icloud.com

robrinay

One Too Many
I've just had a quick look on eBay and noticed significant variation on the pit to pit measurements of a couple of 46" Cooper A2s - 4" in fact. I'm sure this can't be down to the lack of measuring skills of the sellers. It's either a manufacturing error or more likely a consequence of 'vanity sizing' whereby the more recent 46" jacket is in fact a 48" pretending to be 46". My advice - take it or leave it is - be careful of any size label these days - always check the jackets actual measurements and compare them to a similar one you own and consider 'just right'.

Last edited:

Alistair

New in Town
cheers Rob ? The pale lining ones I think are very cheaply made compared to the darker brown olive linings... I did one again like this but found it terrible by comparison - I was also thinking of an Aero A2.... anyone have any experience of those..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points