Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordovan Aero Jarrow Marcher Boots.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As autumn starts to creep in, I took a spin over to Aero and picked up a pair of cordovan Jarrow Marchers. Made in Northampton from beautiful Horween leather with a Dainite sole, they run exactly to size - these are sevens and fit perfectly. Anyway, here are the pics:

[ IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
That's a great colour for shoes and boots and the Dainite soles are a big improvement over leather for no additional bulk like the Vibram ones.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Though it is definitely a deep red, the cordovan has lovely brown undertones so it's a very flexible boot. Stitching is pristine, there's also a nice subtle line embossed around the top edge and the lace eyes.

wdw

One Too Many
I've got four pairs of cordovan shoes and boots and you can wear them with anything. Really versatile colour.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The leather is fantastic. As somebody said elsewhere on the Lounge, sometimes I get a bit blase about Horween FQHH, but really it's stunning stuff. The depth of colour is amazing.

Edward

Bartender
They're a classic case of looking much better 'for teh realz' than in the marketing images. I also think they benefit from having been worn a bit - I've had other boots before now where the heel shape has improved markedly after being laced up tight for a while. Probably to do with conforming to the shape of the feet?

These are on my list.... not sure if I'll go for leather or Dainite soles.... The Cordovan is definitely a must, though.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I did my usual thing of wearing them around the house for a couple of days, so they had a chance to soften up, crease a little and start to take on the shape of my feet and ankle a little. Tried them on with my Buzz 1942 chinos and they really work.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! I think the elegance of the lines really recommends them. I shall be wearing them for the Dinard Film Festival next month.

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Hello
Two years later, how are the boots ?
Are they durable and how is the leather now ?

Is the dainite sole durable ?
Thank you
Chris ( i am planning to get these boots )

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hi Chris, the boots look fantastic, if anything they are better than when I first got them as the 'cup' of the heel has become more pronounced, giving the boots a classic look. The leather has developed a lovely deep shine that's easy to maintain and even with regular wear, I've only just replaced the heel on the boots for the first time while the sole has loads of miles left in it. I'll post some pics later.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Hi Chris, the boots look fantastic, if anything they are better than when I first got them as the 'cup' of the heel has become more pronounced, giving the boots a classic look. The leather has developed a lovely deep shine that's easy to maintain and even with regular wear, I've only just replaced the heel on the boots for the first time while the sole has loads of miles left in it. I'll post some pics later.
Do you regularly have to apply leather conditioners on it to get a shine/patina?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I tend to just use Kiwi ox blood for a general shine, occasionally giving them a buff with some Red Wings shoe conditioner. They do tend to hold their polish without too much effort, tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112