Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Puzzicato said:
My grandfather and I do too. He has always been a serious correspondent - there are three or four friends that he would exchange letters with twice a week - and as he has outlived them, he has missed those letters! So I have tried to step into the gap. Not very successfully, I manage fewer than once a month. But I do try!

I'm so glad that you do! I think it must be such a joy for him to receive letters from his granddaughter. :)

Sweet Caroline

New in Town
Miss Neecerie said:
I am sitting here thinking.....

Bertie Bots every flavoured beans...but in ink...

One would never know what olfactory joy (or disgust) the next letter might bring.

lol

:eek:fftopic: I just had to mention that this made me giggle! They do sell Bertie Bots some places. Speaking from experiance, grass is not the most delectable flavor :eek:

Kishtu

Practically Family
How ever so splendid!!

Count me in, but bear in mind chez Kishtu you get three for the price of one, - six including feline correspondents - me, the Hairy Bloke, and the Small.
;)

Reddog

New in Town
I too would like to have a pen pal. I've never in my life had one. I like the idea of becoming friends with someone in another country, who has similar interests. I don't have any children but I recall practicing writing in school, I understand penmanship is no longer taught/practiced in schools anymore. Such a pity. I also heard young people cannot add without some sort of calculating devise. Anyway, I am an older gentleman, Living in Tennessee, married to my wonderful wife of 25 years. Not yet retired, still enjoy working and being active. Have varied interests. Don't know how to go about obtaining a pen pal but Anyone who would like to try it, please contact me. It would be fun, I am an avid reader, into hats, bow ties, clothes in general, the occassional Cigar and glass of Rum, wine, Motorcycles, (but not together), camping, bicycling, fast cars, travel, theatre, history, religion, and am an excellent cook. Hopefully there are some many who have similar interests and would like to communicate.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I love this thread. I found two great penpals on the Lounge- one from England and one from Mississippi (Im in California). I enjoy writing to them so much and I love receiving their letters in the mail. It's nice to take time and write a letter to someone when most everything is done in e-mails and on the phone these days.

Cricket

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
I love this thread. I found two great penpals on the Lounge- one from England and one from Mississippi (Im in California). I enjoy writing to them so much and I love receiving their letters in the mail. It's nice to take time and write a letter to someone when most everything is done in e-mails and on the phone these days.

I wonder who that could be? ;)

I love receiving letters and writing them. It makes it more exciting to check my mail for an incoming letter rather than bills and promos.

I highly recommend pen pals to everyone. It is so interesting to find people with similiar interests as well as learning about other communities, parts of the country or even world.

My pen pal (Jenny Lou) is in California, and I love hearing about things over there. It is fun to compare the different things as well as connecting with the same.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
:D Why have I only just stumbled upon this thread! Everytime I went on a family holiday when I was young I'd come back with a new pen pal, darn e-mail has put a stop to that. I'd love an excuse to write letters on beautiful stationary and send them off to some far flung corner of the world. It's all rather romantic isn't it? Ok, so I guess PM me if you fancy corresponding with a twenty-something lady from smoky old London. Maybe have a look at my blog (link below) to get a little idea if you think I'd be of interest to you, but of course that only shows a small aspect of my life . I'd be interested in hearing from someone from across water, preferably female but I could be persuaded otherwise!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Agreed, i used to have penpals when i was at school, it was really neat. I love writing letters, i only write to a couple of aunties in Italy, so i'm more than happy to find a penpal somewhere and share a bit of life! :)

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Amazing what one can find bouncing around in here! This idea is a fantastic one, and I'd like to join in too, if anyone's interested in the ramblings of an almost middle-aged (or is that cougar-aged?) Toronto woman lol

Interests:
A fair amount, easier to list what I will not discuss...Politics & Religion. Too many pointless arguments caused by these two :rolleyes:

P.M. me, if you dare :D

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I would love to have a penpal too!

I'm thirty-two, a housewife and I have three children. I sew, knit, embroider, love to bake and live on tea. Occasionally, very occasionally, I get to blow off steam with lunch in town with friends (where I have been known to end up with a tattoo), a game of poker, rum and maybe a night on the town.

I don't exactly lead a wild life so the letters won't be very thrilling but I'm very interested in other people , I know some fabulous recipes I'm willing to share and, thanks to my mother's nagging as a child, I have quite nice handwriting! I'd love male or female penpals, UK or overseas.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I would love to have a penpal too!

I'm thirty-two, a housewife and I have three children. I sew, knit, embroider, love to bake and live on tea. Occasionally, very occasionally, I get to blow off steam with lunch in town with friends (where I have been known to end up with a tattoo), a game of poker, rum and maybe a night on the town.

I don't exactly lead a wild life so the letters won't be very thrilling but I'm very interested in other people , I know some fabulous recipes I'm willing to share and, thanks to my mother's nagging as a child, I have quite nice handwriting! I'd love male or female penpals, UK or overseas.

I would also like a pen pal geiamama I PMed you.

NotsoGolden

New in Town
Hello all! I think this is a superb idea! Glad I joined and found this thread. I would love to have a penpal, male or female. For interests sake here's a short bio:
I am a 32-year-old married father of one energetic 3-year-old little boy. I have a great many interests from movies, music, religion, automobiles, and all things vintage and retro. When it comes to TV, I live on news, history, food, and documentary. I find that many of the great things of the past, including etiquette and genuine personal connections with others are fast fading in this world...which is why I want all the more to keep the so-called 'Art of Manliness' strong, and present my son an actual gentleman role-model of sorts.

If anyone wants to write, just shoot me a PM, and I'd be glad to follow up on it! By the way, I live in Southeastern Kentucky...the Appalachians are my backdoor...so if anyone wants to hear about life in the mountains...I can extrapolate on that too. :)

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
Count me in!!!

I am 28 years old, accountant, got a master...mmmhhh... I collect military Visor Caps and Uniforms, I am a Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter and Pokemon fan (hate twilight)... I have a bunny pet, like dogs and cats, I was once an english teacher for highschool students, and also taught at university for a year... Oh and I´m mexican!

PM me if you´d like to get in contact.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I'd love to join in the writing also. Preferably someone my age or otherwise young (I'm in my early 20s,) who takes an interest in jazz and swing-era music, dance, and/or life in general. Let's see if I can come up with an artful yet informative self-introduction...

On most days, I'm a fedora wearer who is just casually classy rather than constantly in a suit. I love small-town life, I'm a creative fixit type, and a mild Nintendo aficionado. But if you bring swing dancing or trolleys into the picture (or give another good reason to dress extra nicely), I put on the best poor-college-student-budgeted classic clothes I have, and have all the fun in the world! On the inside, I try to embody the '40s gentleman however I can.

I would PM others and ask to start corresponding, but I'm still new to the Lounge. If anyone is kind enough to PM me to become pen pals, I'd appreciate it very much!

zombi

A-List Customer
I'll step in. 26 on Tuesday, student nurse -- graduating in May -- working in cardiothoracics as a nurse aide with past experience of years in orthopaedics and neurology as well. I have a BA in English Lit. I am from Texas but currently living in Oklahoma. My father is deaf.

I'm really interested in nursing history, WWII history, books, writing, and music. I'm writing a novel. I play piano and knit, and my life isn't terribly interesting but I always have medical stories. I love to learn about other people. :)

molly

New in Town
I used to lurk around this forum a while back and only just returned and found this thread, so might be a good place to start I guess.

I am 27 anachronistic male from Australia, working as a computer admin and "almost" apprentice tattooist, likes tinkering with cars/motorcycles/bicycles, reading books, drinking tea and various other random interests.

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
I anticipate having some free time this summer, and you all seem like good company. Some of these posts are a bit old, so I'm a bit hesitant to send PMs without knowing who still has the time or inclination for correspondence. I'm a 25 year-old speech-therapist and amateur musician with golden-era interests. PM me if you wouldn't mind receiving some mail.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21