Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Correspondence - Find a Pen Pal

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Ah, I hadn't realized how old these were. I feel a little emberassed posting but if anybody's interested, I'm in southern california and am pretty young (I don't bite so I promise nothing bad will happen :p). I like to talk about beuaty. I love the 40's and 50's and I'd love to learn more about the music and dancing scene :)! I'm too shy to PM anybody, so if you don't mind <:p
Thank youu in advanced :)

KayEn78

One of the Regulars
I've been lurking here for quite some time now and stumbled upon this thread. Like others, I did not realize this thread was so old, but still I wouldn't mind being pen pals with others here. I am 32 years old, married, and live in Cherry Valley, IL. I attended Illinois State University and earned a B.S. in History as well as a minor in English. Some of my hobbies are reading, writing, watching classic TV shows from 50s, 60s, and 70s, listening to Old Time Radio, WWII history, studying the '30s, '40s, '50s, and '60s. I love writing historical fiction stories (mostly set in the '40s to the '60s), and fan fiction about some of my favorite classic TV shows. I also enjoy listening to oldies music--'50s and '60s and also some '30s and '40s. I should also mention that I am visually impaired and my handwriting or vision isn't what it used to be. Could it be possible for me, if anyone wants to be my penpal, if I could type out my letters and use a vintage "typewriter-like" font? If I lived in another time, I'd probably have a typewriter. :) Feel free to PM me, if you're interested in becoming pen pals.

-Kristi

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
I'd also love to have a penpal. I'm married with 2 kids, love classic movies especially film noir. Love talking vintage clothes,hair, beauty, recipes. Also enjoy classic crime novels by Agatha Christie and similar style authors. Anyone interested in writing please PM me. :)

Vintage Rose

New in Town
If anyone wants to correspond, I'd love to. I'd really love to write to someone from abroad, but would have fun writing anywhere. I love different places and am absolutely enamored of the British Isles, or would love to correspond with somebody from Scandinavia or Germany (that's where my ancestors hailed from). It would be interesting to find out what kind of vintage things different countries had (different brands, styles, etc.). I am a mom, old-time canning, cooking, knitting housewife, and soon-to-be college freshman. Would love to "chat" with other moms that use vintage skills. I know this thread is old, but if anyone sees this, PM away!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I love pen pals!

I write to a lady in America from a home making type magazine and a girl I know from another forum is off to join the Amish so she will become a pen pal too once she has given up technology.

It is so exciting to get post!

I am a little odd and old fashioned but if anyone wants a pen pal from England let me know! I think I have enough posts here for people to know what I am like now.

bellaclaire

New in Town
hi Everyone....this is aimed at Big Man and Violette mainly!! i started writing to you both, and some others but have moved a few times since!!! lost my email details and your addresses!!!
Time has flown by, i was Tempestbella42 on here, cannt access the old account and forgot the password....so i apologuise and hope your all well!! xx

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hi Everyone....this is aimed at Big Man and Violette mainly!! i started writing to you both, and some others but have moved a few times since!!! lost my email details and your addresses!!!
Time has flown by, i was Tempestbella42 on here, cannt access the old account and forgot the password....so i apologuise and hope your all well!! xx

Hello there. I done thought you had r-u-n-n-o-f-t. :D I'd like to start back up with the pen pal correspondence. I'll PM you with my address.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. I thought I would tell of a true story about Pen Pals in my life and how it can lead to something great to happen. I have to keep it short or this would turn into a Novel, but I will try to get the details into it so you could get the story.

I was 15 years old and very into sports. An older couple watching my football team do practice at the city park started a friendship with me, and asked if I would desire to be Pen Pals with one of their adopted children that live in Belize. I agreed, and over the years kept in contact with a few of the 40 children that this older couple had lawfully adopted that lived in a compound type housing facility in Belize.

As time passed along, so did this older couple, and things sort of went bad for the funding needed to keep the compound running. Some of the children that lived there, had grown, attended colleges and became some what a success and did what they could to keep the compound going for the newer young children that needed a home.

As an adult, I was able to visit the compound and later able to rebuild it and I am now the legal guardian of all the children that live there and love being able to help give input into their lives.

In short, to have a Pen Pal can possibly make things come along that is the most special part of a person's life ever.

Ren Falcon

New in Town
I'm looking for a couple of pen pals. I can't pm anyone but I emailed a couple of people on here but some haven't been active for so long.

Davey_Speedstar

New in Town
I'm looking for a couple of pen pals. I can't pm anyone but I emailed a couple of people on here but some haven't been active for so long.

I haven't done the writing letters thing for such a long time (that is the proper pen and paper type letter). It woud be good to have a reason to write once in a while.

Feel free to drop me a line.

J.W.

A-List Customer
I've stumbled across this thread quite a couple of times, but I never bother posting in it. I really like the idea of getting in touch with new people around the globe. The problem is time: sometimes, it might take a little longer to find the time to write a letter. But if people are fine with an occasional postcard in-between... Kerouac & the Beats sent penny postcards to each other all of the time, just to stay in touch (the sms of the 40s/50s?). So I'll look around in this thread and see if I can get myself to pm someone.

About myself:
Languages: German, English, French (but haven't used that for ages...)
Interests: Literature (Kerouac, Agatha Christy, Jasper Fforde, Ann Granger, Tolkien -to name but a few), photography, music (60s/70s/80 Rock), history, traveling, cooking, my partner and our dog ;o)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's a wonderful story and what a legacy you will have left for others to benefit from :) inspiring!!

Hello. I thought I would tell of a true story about Pen Pals in my life and how it can lead to something great to happen. I have to keep it short or this would turn into a Novel, but I will try to get the details into it so you could get the story.

I was 15 years old and very into sports. An older couple watching my football team do practice at the city park started a friendship with me, and asked if I would desire to be Pen Pals with one of their adopted children that live in Belize. I agreed, and over the years kept in contact with a few of the 40 children that this older couple had lawfully adopted that lived in a compound type housing facility in Belize.

As time passed along, so did this older couple, and things sort of went bad for the funding needed to keep the compound running. Some of the children that lived there, had grown, attended colleges and became some what a success and did what they could to keep the compound going for the newer young children that needed a home.

As an adult, I was able to visit the compound and later able to rebuild it and I am now the legal guardian of all the children that live there and love being able to help give input into their lives.

In short, to have a Pen Pal can possibly make things come along that is the most special part of a person's life ever.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Am looking for a pen pal or two...have recently found myself absorbed in returning to the written word with proper pen, paper and ink. I have missed this medium a great deal and especially the fact that every letter is both historical and personal. Also a common trait of the era we honor here in the FL.

Please check my profile for similarities in interests and past posts for background and then PM if interested.

Look forward to new friends and correspondence...

M.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Wouldn't mind having a pen pal, myself. Haven't written a letter in many many years. Wonder if I remember how to mail something? Hmm...

Any takers send me a PM. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto