Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots with Business Suit?

Canadian

One of the Regulars
I recently bought a pair of cowboy boots and have worn them several times with my suits.

Of course it helps that I live in Southern Alberta. Very common around here. People wear them with everything from jeans to suits.

Tom

Buggnkat

Familiar Face
You mean there are folks that don't wear boots with suits?!!:eeek:

Yes Griz hard to believe I know, but there are those folks out there that dont wear boots with suits (hey it rhymes). And believe it or not they dont put nothing in the bed of their trucks either, which hold on to yourself this ones gonna get ya, they WASH their trucks.....

stylesnob

New in Town
Post a picture of what you are proposing. What's the occasion you are planning on wearing this outfit?
Typically I would say no to Cowboy boots and suit. Jeans, boots, and sports coat is a different story.

Gene

Practically Family
Sometimes it's just gotta be done.

IMG_0244.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr Cairo: Exactly. Great band btw. Glad somebody understood my stupid joke.

Gene: Sharp outfit. Is it a vintage western suit? age?

Gene

Practically Family
Gene: Sharp outfit. Is it a vintage western suit? age?

It's a pre-49 union label that was modified to be a western suit (obvious cutdown lapels, omitting of trouser cuffs, and addition of back yoke), I'd say sometime in the 50s or early 60s. I got it on eBay for a steal and wore it accordingly with boots, hat, western shirt, ranger belt, and neckerchief when I played with the Western Swing band I was in. It reminded me of Hank Williams.

Abraham

One of the Regulars
Cowboy boots with a suit is correct business attire in Texas and the Southwest generally. Add a bolo tie and Stetson hat if you wish. You would raise no eyebrows between the Louisiana border and the Pacific coast...

Cowboy boots, bolo tie and a Stetson in the financial districts of LA or SF? No way... ;)

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Cowboy Boots with a business suit is always acceptable in Denver and everywhere in the Rocky Mountain West. Shucks! After all, Denver is still known as a Cow Town!:D:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk