Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots with Business Suit?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Cowboy Boots with a business suit is always acceptable in Denver and everywhere in the Rocky Mountain West. Shucks! After all, Denver is still known as a Cow Town!:D:cool:

Being Canadian I always thought that distinction went to Calgary,AB.?As far back as I can remember Denver has always been known as the Mile High City due to it's elevation,please correct me if I'm wrong on this thxs.Sorry just noticed the "as a" part of the post

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I wonder why cowboy boots are so popular in Texas. Isn't it usually quite hot in Texas? I wouldn't think of wearing boots in summer here in Berlin and it must be much hotter in Texas on average. Aren't you guys swimming in sweat in those boots?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...Aren't you guys swimming in sweat in those boots?

Hi

It's TEXAS, they're swimming in sweat unless it's snowing. After a while it just doesn't matter anymore. The boots look cool and you do need something on your feet besides sandals...

Back in the late 1990's we had a USAF rep who wore black cowboy boots with his blue dress uniform.

Later

My wife's lawyer wears nothin but. He looks awesome and could be the Marlboro Man, 'cept he has hair. And he uses the boot for more than his feet. My kinda guy.I wear them year round, but never have with a suit.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
My wife's lawyer wears nothin but. He looks awesome and could be the Marlboro Man, 'cept he has hair. And he uses the boot for more than his feet. My kinda guy.I wear them year round, but never have with a suit.

They're "awesome"for squishing spiders in corners if you get the real pointy ones(haha)just yanking your chain Butte,I wear em 24/7 365 myself.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Being Canadian I always thought that distinction went to Calgary,AB.?As far back as I can remember Denver has always been known as the Mile High City due to it's elevation,please correct me if I'm wrong on this thxs.Sorry just noticed the "as a" part of the post

There seems to be a friendly rivalry between Denver and Calgary for the title of "Cow Town" along with a number of other places as well. And don't forget that both cities are also in the "oil patch".
Next month Denver hosts the annual National Western Stock Show and Rodeo! During July Cheyenne, WY, just up the Interstate 100 miles, hosts the Cheyenne Frontier Days. Heck, this is cattle country!

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
There seems to be a friendly rivalry between Denver and Calgary for the title of "Cow Town" along with a number of other places as well. And don't forget that both cities are also in the "oil patch".
Next month Denver hosts the annual National Western Stock Show and Rodeo! During July Cheyenne, WY, just up the Interstate 100 miles, hosts the Cheyenne Frontier Days. Heck, this is cattle country!
Well I know I'd rather my city(if I lived in one)be known as "Cow Town" than murder capital,but hey that's only my opinion(haha)

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
I wonder why cowboy boots are so popular in Texas. Isn't it usually quite hot in Texas? I wouldn't think of wearing boots in summer here in Berlin and it must be much hotter in Texas on average. Aren't you guys swimming in sweat in those boots?

I am a Texas lawyer and frequently wear boots with my suits all year long. And yes it can get really hot...but it is really hot no matter what I wear. We just deal with it.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Yeah, I wear X or J toes. Spiders beware :)
I'm with you Butte the pointier the more I like the look,I can handle the look of "snoot" boots but rounds just remind me of an oxford and those new chisel toe things(not that mexican thing with the over exaggerated length)the ones that look like they basically took a hammer to a "snoot"and flattened it,no thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto