Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

I saw those as well, HJ. That seller comes up with some nice boots at times but usually with rediculous pricing. With the heel configuration they look lsimilar to other Riddle's I've seen but he thinks an awful lot of that Marty Stuart autograph.
They've been listed before. Same with the Chris Bennett's he has listed; been watching them myself.

Do you fine folks know the mexican bootmaker Miguel Jones and what do you think about his work?

pao, I've seen the Jones boots before but have no real experience with them. I must say that I'm not a fan because they appear to be cheaply made and appear more costume like than a classically made cowboy boot. There are some fine Mexican boot makers out there. Leon, Mexico used to be considered the cowboy boot Capitol. Here is ones work I've followed a bit on Facebook and I believe he used to work for Paul Bond Boots.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...95532482693.1073741827.100006067776249&type=3

Thanks Bama! I did not know about Pedro Aldecoa, I am going to contact him.
Jones is indeed from Leon, Mexico. I heard that their quality used to be not too great, but that they have improved drastically since. His prices are definetly the lowest I've seen, and almost seem too good to be true. Here is his etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/cowboybootsusa

You're welcome. I've visited that etsy shop before. I think you're right about the too good to be true. Please let us know what you find out after contacting Aldecoa.

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
Hey folks, I just heard back from Pedro Aldecoa.
This is the pricelist they sent me:
Classic Buckaroo (mule hide vamps) $678.00
Shark $778.00
Kangaroo $790.00
Ostrich $790. 00
Elephant $790.00
All include shipping.
Also, they have a new address is in Nogales, AZ, but I'm not sure if production is there or in Mexico.

Also, they have a new address is in Nogales, AZ, but I'm not sure if production is there or in Mexico.

His shop is in Mexico and I believe he has set up with a relative in Nogalez to facilitate orders "this side of the border" and the pricing sounds really good for what his product looks like. He worked for Bond which a number of successful bootmakers have done. Ask a lot of questions and if you're unsure what to ask, I'm sure plenty of us will chime in. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch