Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
In the office with my Nocona boots today.

bff34065c86cc502162e288727002a33.jpg

Bought at the Justin outlet in Fort Worth, soon after we moved here.

Cheers!
David
You need a scorpion now DJH. Lol!
Nocona-11Jan2017.jpg

Manly Footwear

New in Town
Manly,

Any updates on your boot quest? Some of us (including myself) are living vicariously through your journey and eventual purchase.

No notable progress to report yet. Have reached out to several folks and have it pretty much narrowed down to one or two that I want to contract with. Currently I'm trying to nail down: Caiman vs. Crocodile, toe shape (round non-roper vs. squarish think Lucchese 7 toe), top/shaft pattern and color. Ideally, I want to get all the details worked out so when I go out there I don't waste time with design ideas or get overwhelmed with choices :).

Would love to hear thoughts on Caiman. I always though it was a lesser material and not a good long term value. However, I have been lead to believe that quality skins have come a long way and not as problematic as older material.

How do we feel about blunt square toe, think Luchhese 7 toe? I would have never considered it until I tried one on recently. It's growing on me. I don't think snip toes work for me, so I'm ruling those out.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
In the office with my Nocona boots today.
Bought at the Justin outlet in Fort Worth, soon after we moved here.
It's about time, David. Love that color combo and stitching on those.
As Greg said: Finally!
Thanks Bama. These were a bargain $100 buy at the outlet and they are probably the most comfortable footwear I own. They get a lot of use.
I stop by the store every now and again, I'd love to find similar boots in a blue/grey colour. No luck so far.
My brown Armando's also have seen a lot of use and I consider them comfortable but not if I have to stand on foot for 8 hours.
Good luck on your quest.

Reactions: DJH

Aaronlowe

One of the Regulars
No notable progress to report yet. Have reached out to several folks and have it pretty much narrowed down to one or two that I want to contract with. Currently I'm trying to nail down: Caiman vs. Crocodile, toe shape (round non-roper vs. squarish think Lucchese 7 toe), top/shaft pattern and color. Ideally, I want to get all the details worked out so when I go out there I don't waste time with design ideas or get overwhelmed with choices :).

Would love to hear thoughts on Caiman. I always though it was a lesser material and not a good long term value. However, I have been lead to believe that quality skins have come a long way and not as problematic as older material.

How do we feel about blunt square toe, think Luchhese 7 toe? I would have never considered it until I tried one on recently. It's growing on me. I don't think snip toes work for me, so I'm ruling those out.

IMO, round toe is a bit more versatile; you can wear then with a suit and not get too out of line. The big square toes just look too stark if you try to dress them up. I have a french toe on my Lucchese caiman and they are also great with just jeans and tshirt or a suit.

I'll defer to the hide experts on gator V caiman when it comes to durability, but gator belly boots are just about as pretty as you can get.

Manly, I don't have any experience with Caiman. The only reptile boots I own are American alligator belly. You spoke of being rough on footwear and that alone would make me reluctant to go with an exotic like that for my first pair of customs because hiding or repairing scuffs and nicks is going to be a lot more difficult than it would be with a smooth leather. I'm self conscious every time I put my gators on, always concerned about dinging them up.

As for the toe, that's just a personal preference. I'm not a fan of the wide square toe box but they're awfully popular right now. The widest toe box in my collection is approximately 1" .

Darn!! I've got new boots that don't look that good.

Thanks, 1955. These don't often come off the shelf.

Nice! I like the variegated stitching. Heck ... I like everything about them!

Thank you, Bob. The stitching is a favorite of mine.

Nice ones Cuz!! You know I'm one for the pointy toes, and the stitching is top shelf. Those look great! Especially given their age.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Cuz. I knew they would get your attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ