Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here I have a question for cowboy boots experts. In the world of work boots, the idea of a soft toe box is appealing. Now, i have not seen any cowboy boots with unstructured toe, mainly because it is technically difficult because of the fancy toe shapes in cowboy boots. Or, maybe some of them are indeed soft, but because of the pointy or square toe, it feels stiff although there is no celastic inside.

Now, upon watching Clint Eastwood movies, he always seems to be wearing a pair of very flat toed boots, they are almost like the Wesco boss patrol toe. Here's a screen shot. I can almost feel the soft toe box. Are they soft? and can I still buy a pair of this type of boots?

upload_2017-12-28_0-27-35.png

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Home for the holidays and I stopped by the Rios factory store to see what they had in stock. You can usually stop by and pick up sample boots or customs that where never paid for or returned. All the boots are new and you can find some great one off customs.

I got myself a pair of soft denim colored waxed calf, with a tan suede top.
f5e883726a8bc881c39a6a9409af5168.jpg
a3ec8840e3cc86ac58f6f0c669d98464.jpg

And I also purchased a pair of dark blue ( royal blue looking) stingray with white eye. It’s hard to see the color in this lighting, it’s very dark and subtle but when it shines you really notice they’re not just black.

9cb61901202672d44236aa970571b6f5.jpg
094b49862393473fcf9ec07e323372a1.jpg
7cf14711a00bb5526f0c970c72b693c1.jpg

I hope you will all have a Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
are they soft toed? I just posted a question as to if cowboy boots can have unstructured toe box.

doesn't look like any of these wonderful boots have seen cedar shoe (boot) trees.
Boot trees won't do a thing for sharkskin. You won't find many bootmakers today who will work with it because it breaks needles & is tough to work with. But absolutely beautiful leather & one of the few exotics I would be interested in today.

Here's a pair of mine made by Steve Osuna:

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

Boot trees won't do a thing for sharkskin. You won't find many bootmakers today who will work with it because it breaks needles & is tough to work with. But absolutely beautiful leather & one of the few exotics I would be interested in today.

View attachment 101892

View attachment 101893

Nice!

And I'm with you.... I think shark looks great and is one of the few I would be interested in having, maybe the only.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

View attachment 101892

View attachment 101893
Beautiful hide on these boots. Boot trees are more for the sole of the boot to keep them from curling upwards and beginning to resemble sultan or genie slippers. They should do that regardless of type of skin on the foot/ vamp??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112