Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've wanted a pair of these Acmes for a long time. A combination of late night, two bourbons, available credit and a BIN allowed it to happen. I know these are not the best made boots, but they are iconic and the larger sizes (and lower prices) don't come around that often. My birthday is next month so ... Happy Birthday to me!

View attachment 103153 View attachment 103154 View attachment 103155 View attachment 103156 View attachment 103157 View attachment 103158 View attachment 103159

I've see the rainbow cloth pulls on a couple of other pairs (vs. the black with "ACME"). I wonder if they were ones sold through Sears or some other outlet.

View attachment 103163
Those are great Bob, I like the old Acme boots too. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've wanted a pair of these Acmes for a long time. A combination of late night, two bourbons, available credit and a BIN allowed it to happen. I know these are not the best made boots, but they are iconic and the larger sizes (and lower prices) don't come around that often. My birthday is next month so ... Happy Birthday to me!

View attachment 103153 View attachment 103154 View attachment 103155 View attachment 103156 View attachment 103157 View attachment 103158 View attachment 103159

I've see the rainbow cloth pulls on a couple of other pairs (vs. the black with "ACME"). I wonder if they were ones sold through Sears or some other outlet.

View attachment 103163

Nice snag on the Acmes, Bob. Great inlay pattern. I have two pair of boots with cloth pulls, both customs. Apparently it's not made anymore as I've heard bootmakers complain of not being able to find it and those that have some guard it like a State secret.

Nice snag on the Acmes, Bob. Great inlay pattern. I have two pair of boots with cloth pulls, both customs. Apparently it's not made anymore as I've heard bootmakers complain of not being able to find it and those that have some guard it like a State secret.

Thanks Greg! There is another pair on eBay now with the same pattern, but with the Acme cloth pulls. I was just wondering if the non-branded pulls were used for large retailers like Sears, etc. and the branded were sold on the shelves of the mom & pop western wear stores.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks Greg! There is another pair on eBay now with the same pattern, but with the Acme cloth pulls. I was just wondering if the non-branded pulls were used for large retailers like Sears, etc. and the branded were sold on the shelves of the mom & pop western wear stores.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Bob, that's a good point and one I've never heard come up. Have you looked closely to ensure the pulls haven't been replaced?

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Speaking of snakeskin does anyone know how to mount one? Can a taxidermist do that? I have a black/white Kingsnake skin I'd like to make a belt out of. It's about 5-1/2' long. I skinned it out last summer, staked it out on a plank & salted the backside. Hope I didn't ruin it. I have a couple of smaller skins where that has worked but I have never done anything with them.

I remember one summer I killed one that was harassing my horse on the ranch, we put it in some sort of vinegar mixture I can’t remember what it was exactly but we found it in the google machine.

Then we used some nails and racked the hide to a cedar plank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 103163
Sweet find Bob! Those are good ones.

I love the old inlaid boots, and Acme was about as prolific at them as anyone. They were an everyman's manufacturer, without a doubt, but much like with old hats, some middle of the road products from back then were built as well or better than top of the line items today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112