Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

RJR

I just received these Cowtown bullhide boots. Boots-Cowtown-Bullhide Blk 1.jpg

Twelvefret

New in Town
Bought these,
Justin Original Work
Justin Original Work Boots Men's J-max Pull-On Work Boot
in 2015. Have to say for work boots they do the job.

I just received these Cowtown bullhide boots. View attachment 106095
I love bullhide boots, the grain is amazing. I was googling boot leathers a while back and was surprised to learn that bullhide is not a desired boot hide and is usually used on lower end boots. Shame as I love the grain and have three pairs of them. One of them an Old West brand, NOS made in India that I picked up on the Bay for $20. Not a bad pair of boots for the money. I guess that should have been the first clue bullhide (or India!) is not desired. But I do have a Dan Post and a TL pair as well.

These high tops were delivered last night. Black vamp with navy top. Made by Champion Attitude.
57654aba35c5366b2759e61f16a060db.jpg
7c1b7ada05dffa6f78dbdedbea077e2f.jpg
ee487acde4aba80b23355404dd17819b.jpg
acf853102a6c201a8f2c48735ff54f6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Nice! I've got a pair of Champion Attitude peewees I had made about 15 or 16 years ago. They're pretty solid little boots, definitely more well built than some more recent factory boots I own. Nice and thick but very supple cowhide. I can't recall if they have wooden pegs or nails, I'll have to check and update later.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice! I've got a pair of Champion Attitude peewees I had made about 15 or 16 years ago. They're pretty solid little boots, definitely more well built than some more recent factory boots I own. Nice and thick but very supple cowhide. I can't recall if they have wooden pegs or nails, I'll have to check and update later.

The first thing I noticed about them is the very supple leather. After wearing them all day, I am impressed.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After wearing them all day, I like them a lot. I have worn only Tony Lamas and Noconas for the last 40+ years, so that is all I can compare them to. The leather is thick yet very soft, and are very comfortable. I think the leather quality alone makes them a cut above some of my other boots. I like the shape and particularly the heel. I am very happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider