Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

IMG_5700.JPG

Had to turn them for a better look. Very nice BB! I've never been lucky enough to own an of Dave Little's or his dad's. Looking forward to seeing more of them!

View attachment 108033

Had to turn them for a better look. Very nice BB! I've never been lucky enough to own an of Dave Little's or his dad's. Looking forward to seeing more of them!

Something about black and red that just looks so good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm big on the red and black combo (see HJ's Paul Bonds) but I'm a little curious about the wingtip and heel foxing color. Looks almost purple on my pad. Know more when I see them in person, they just look like a hard color to match. The double eagle/Phoenix/thunderbird is iconic in cowboy boots. Every custom maker and a lot of factory boots offer the design, though it's never been a consideration for me in ordering a custom pair but the birds on this pair just looked "different".

Thanks a lot, Charlie. It's my mission to get you in a pair because.........
View attachment 108237

That's Western Massachusetts, Greg!
Yessireebob! You may see me in them soon, once (if) I find mine. Remember, 13 - 3E. My New Balance sneakers are 6Es. Fred Flintstone would wear my size if he wore shoes.

What would customs cost? Do they have lasts to make that shape, you think?

That's Western Massachusetts, Greg!
Yessireebob! You may see me in them soon, once (if) I find mine. Remember, 13 - 3E. My New Balance sneakers are 6Es. Fred Flintstone would wear my size if he wore shoes.

What would customs cost? Do they have lasts to make that shape, you think?

Charlie, I've seen customs made much bigger than that. The lasts are available with no problem. Cost is relative to the leather used and the details one wants. Cutom makers base prices are all over the place from around $1,200 -$5,000 that Lisa Sorrell charges to get measured and a basic, no frills boot. Granted, a last in your size may raise the base price a bit. (13EEE, damn. Is there a direct correlation between head size and foot size?) Every bootmaker is different.

Maybe some others will weigh in on their experiences.

This is a good site to see what styles and leathers are available and the costs associated with them. They make a damn fine boot as well.
https://www.paulbondboots.com/

Charlie, I've seen customs made much bigger than that. The lasts are available with no problem. Cost is relative to the leather used and the details one wants. Cutom makers base prices are all over the place from around $1,200 -$5,000 that Lisa Sorrell charges to get measured and a basic, no frills boot. Granted, a last in your size may raise the base price a bit. (13EEE, damn. Is there a direct correlation between head size and foot size?) Every bootmaker is different.

Maybe some others will weigh in on their experiences.

This is a good site to see what styles and leathers are available and the costs associated with them. They make a damn fine boot as well.
https://www.paulbondboots.com/

Thanks Greg. I can't afford to build on a new room, so I can't go overboard with boots, right? Just one pair... I'll look.

BTW, there is a correlation between head size and hat size, if nothing else.

Thanks Greg. I can't afford to build on a new room, so I can't go overboard with boots, right? Just one pair... I'll look.

Charlie, I'm lucky our house had a spare bedroom that I took over. Especially after I met you hat folks, here. All I had was two cowboy hats and too many cowboy boots and suddenly, I didn't have enough room for either. Lady B kicked me out of the closet and said, "keep that room neat." No cameras allowed.

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
New day work set up.
Went down to the Rios/Ab/Olathe factory this past weekend and pickup these roughouts for day work.

My previous Ab stove pipes needed a resole and the local guy took the heel down to a roper profile. Some of these younger horses sure need a Rowel so I like a good ledge on riding boots. I have similar olathes in a traditional leather, bourbon colored, but the nitrine soles where heavy and hard to break in, Ive have both knees worked on and leather soles just break in better.
Very happy with these, small folds at the piping of the tops but nothing some wax and a few days of wearing can’t fix. New spurs are coming in the mail too.

8967f23b147bf82c46b26979bd7bf76f.jpg
7f959765f8c5dcf7291a106dd0f5db78.jpg
98e62099213513e304e3391757b3737e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just won these at auction, for my wife. They look to have some wear but it's hard to see with the low quality photos. They had a low starting bid, so I took a chance. Mine was the only bid. Already ordered blue boot cream and will post photos when I get them.
377b202020cab18fe5d4741f450bcd17.jpg
6101cefd2abea036af5a6fe63d568a67.jpg
7ede30c2fec4cdf690eae91f68bed439.jpg

Those look great. I'd love to have some navy colored boots. Anxious for your review. Never handled any of his boots and not a lot of info on Ayers online. Do see them for sale occasionally.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those look great. I'd love to have some navy colored boots. Anxious for your review. Never handled any of his boots and not a lot of info on Ayers online. Do see them for sale occasionally.
Thanks Bb, I noticed that he is now, or was, in New Mexico. I kind of wonder when he moved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points