Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
W. D. Frommer full Wellington black french calf. 26
Buco Horsehide 002.JPG
months in the making.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well... those are my... cowboy boots. People here calls them that. For me it's like a crossover between harness and cowboy boots.
Not very comfortable for a long walk (like 1km or more) and for rough terrain forget them. I wore them on Scotland in February (snow had not melted yet) and on one day, I ended with some bandaids on my feet (the day I was on Edinburg). Also not very efficient when travelling by plane because european airport security have no boot jack.
I still wear them for short walks, mostly at weekends.
20151122boot1.jpg

20151122boot2.jpg

20151122boot3.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you dh66. I don't know who made those, only one have a small tag "Comanchero".
They have a rubber sole because I was slipping too much on them.

Mercer

One of the Regulars
I originally posted this in the work boot thread, but since the Red Wing 1155s are essentially cowboy work boots, I'm reposting here too:

I recently sold 2 pairs of western work boots on eBay -- Chippewa Arroyos and Red Wing 2231s, respectively. I'd had my eye on replacements for them for some time, and so Sunday afternoon I went to the Red Wing store and bought the 2 boots I said I was gonna get!

First, the 1155s:

Then the 875s (not cowboy boots, I know), which I even wore out of the store:

Pardon the dog hair that I only just now noticed on one of the boots (1st 875 photo)!

By the way, I also sold my pair of chocolate mad dog goat Luccheses (1883 brown label). I just never really liked them as much as my other 2 pairs of Luccheses (Classics black full quill ostrich and brown label 1883 tan ranch hand). I intend to replace them with a pair of tan mad dog goat Luccheses (1883 brown label).

Bama, this comes from an old Blucher catalog I have. I think it was called the "Warbonnet" if I recall correctly; side stitching representing an Indian warbonnet. Perhaps you've seen this since I have posted it on some of the boot boards before. I'd like to have a pair custom made for me by a top custom bootmaker but I just don't have two yrs or more to wait.

zxva10.jpg

Bama, this comes from an old Blucher catalog I have. I think it was called the "Warbonnet" if I recall correctly; side stitching representing an Indian warbonnet. Perhaps you've seen this since I have posted it on some of the boot boards before. I'd like to have a pair custom made for me by a top custom bootmaker but I just don't have two yrs or more to wait.

zxva10.jpg

H J, I've seen the catalog image of that boot before and I'm a fan of Bluchers. So much history there and making boots the same way and using the same patterns that Gus Blucher was using when he started the company in the early 1900's.

The company was still in operation, last time I checked, run by a fellow named James "Smitty" Smith and they had a website. I just did a quick search and found no evidence of the site. Hope they're still up and running.

Maybe 5 yrs ago he told me that he wasn't accepting any orders from new customers; only taking orders from existing customers with a 3-5 yr wait. At the time I suspected things couldn't really be that good.

I know wing tip overlays are not popular but even with just a toe bug on a 2A toe this would be a nice looking boot. If Mr. Bond was still alive I'll bet he could do it up nice!

Lisa Sorrell in Guthrie, OK could probably make them, she was stitching tops there when it was Griffith-Blucher boots back in the 80's. Of course her starting price is 5K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112