Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Bob.....what kind of sole do the Pecos have on them? The cork embedded rubber or some kind of crepe maybe?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Bob.....what kind of sole do the Pecos have on them? The cork embedded rubber or some kind of crepe maybe?

Chemigum! (whatever that is)

24864018885_299406aac9_z.jpg

24237166413_4a31ff40f7_z.jpg

Those are darn fine, Dinerman!! I got a pair real similar, same colors but the eagle's a little different pattern. Love those old acmes.

Those look great Hurricane Jack.

Like you pointed out, the old ones tend to run a little snug. Either that or they're making the new ones mighty loose these days..

I have never posted these anywhere before but these are my first pair of cowboy boots, saved for me by my grandmother. When she gave them to me she said she saved them in their box for yrs but the box was in such bad shape towards the end, it was finally thrown away. As you can tell these were well worn & probably the only pair of shoes I had at the time. I always thought these were probably made by the Brown Shoe Co which had manufacturing plants all over the Midwest, but I just noticed the pulls are the same as the pulls on the pair I posted above; just one color different. So now I'm not sure what either pair might be. Note the cactus & bullet points are inlaid, and the soles are made without heels like baby shoes used to be made.

2e4kx15.jpg

esp4ly.jpg

bjc2fn.jpg

k1rtz6.jpg

Those are a real treasure Hurricane Jack!! How awesome that your grandmother kept up with them all these years.
I've got a couple pairs of the cooler ones my boys had stashed away. Don't know if they'll ever care about them one day, but I've hung onto them anyway. I'll try to get some pics when I get home from work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112