Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Nocona Lizards from the 1980's when Nocona still made a pretty good boot!

280s1n6.jpg

17ahvk.jpg

eafq5y.jpg

I like the lines of those Joao. Can't see the top stitching very well but I like the toes & toe wrinkles. Overall the lines of the boot look good.

Great looking boots Joao! I really dig the shape of the toe.

Jack, those look great, too. Honestly, plain black lizard skin is about the only exotic I have any interest in these days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jack, those look great, too. Honestly, plain black lizard skin is about the only exotic I have any interest in these days.

Dale, I still think black lizards look pretty sharp too. I bought these new 30-some yrs ago. I had a pair of Nocona peanut brittle lizards about the same time. They were so popular back then.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
56, that's the truth. That will fade once they're in hand and on feet. Can't wait to see them.

I placed the order on the 6th, so taking out weekends it's been a little over two weeks right now.

Tried working this last week in my old Ariats, made it a day before giving up on them. I dug out an old pair that were shot a couple of years ago, but the soles are still in one piece. Guess I'm riding them for a little while longer.

frussell

One Too Many
If Paul Bond boots are still made like they used to be, they're worth waiting for. I have a pair my grandpa bought me as a high school graduation present. They are almost 35 years old, and the sharkskin foot hardly has a mark. The uppers are worn, but the many rows of multi-colored stitching (12?) helped keep them standing. As I got older and heavier, my feet changed, so they don't fit anymore, but I'll get them re-lined for my son when he gets old enough. That's the only part with much wear, the shaft lining. Really well made, comfortable boots, in my case, heirloom quality. Enjoy. Frank

Plenty I bet! Rarely done today, they would have to be a full custom job.

I've never been a fan of the "full" anything unless it's a smooth leather. I just don't like the look, and of course the expense. I have one pair of gators and I'm pretty sure they will be my last. I like the look but I'm so rough on boots, I become too self conscious wearing the things. I'll probably have a come-apart moment the first time I scuff the toe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ