Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
The saga continues. Michael from PB called me today, my original sales rep. He saw my returned boots and wanted to know what was going on. I explained, he talked with Art, everything seemed good.

Art emailed me a bit later with a confirmation sheet for my new boots, and said now they're 6-8 weeks out. He originally said two to three weeks before I sent this pair back, now we're back to two months.

I know these things take time, but I don't have another two months. I asked if they could just send me the original pair back. I'm not crazy about them, but I can't keep trying to epoxy my shoes back together while I wait four months from the original order date.

Art and Michael are both nice guys and I believe they're really trying, but this whole experience is really getting annoying.

SurfGent

Suspended
The saga continues. Michael from PB called me today, my original sales rep. He saw my returned boots and wanted to know what was going on. I explained, he talked with Art, everything seemed good.

Art emailed me a bit later with a confirmation sheet for my new boots, and said now they're 6-8 weeks out. He originally said two to three weeks before I sent this pair back, now we're back to two months.

I know these things take time, but I don't have another two months. I asked if they could just send me the original pair back. I'm not crazy about them, but I can't keep trying to epoxy my shoes back together while I wait four months from the original order date.

Art and Michael are both nice guys and I believe they're really trying, but this whole experience is really getting annoying.
Bummer :-(

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

It looks like they'd move your up front to me . I understand they have all these sewed together , ready for the soles , but ... one pair ? They could give it to there #1 guy , and say knock it out , it seems to me . I know they're busy , and have all this production ready to roll . But stuff happens , the customer is supposed to come first .

I'm usually walking out of mine before I get new Boots , too . This is like the first time , but I thought about getting a pair of second hand Ariat Boots or something that I could use as stand by's for little or nothing . I know one day I'll have to send the Bond's back to be resoled if I live long enough , the good Boot repair guys are all gone , and the old guy that does it now doesn't do a good job at all , he owns the store and is just winging it . I know you don't have time to be chasing rainbows . Sorry 56FG ! I know being in their position , they have priority customers I'm sure , but working a guy in shouldn't be a HUGE DEAL , especially if he has already paid , and needs some Boots NOW !

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Yeah , Art called me yesterday , now , and said the leather samples should have arrived Saturday or yesterday (Monday) , but they didn't , so he said he'd call or for me to call him either way . If they didn't show he's going to over night some to me . They just wants to make sure before starting he said . They were sent by mail , so who knows , but he said he'd FEDEX some if they didn't show Tuesday . I thought that was nice . I figure it'll be probably two colors of Tan , and maybe the two colors of Brown Waxed Calf (Chocolate & Medium) to be sure .

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
It looks like they'd move your up front to me . I understand they have all these sewed together , ready for the soles , but ... one pair ? They could give it to there #1 guy , and say knock it out , it seems to me . I know they're busy , and have all this production ready to roll . But stuff happens , the customer is supposed to come first .

After discussing it with Art, that's what it seemed like they were going to do which is why they estimated 2-3 weeks. I'd have to look back and see when I spoke with him, but it was last week or the week before that they were supposed to get started on the medium brown pair. I was a bit surprised yesterday to find they hadn't started at all yet, and it would take another two months.

I very seriously debated just cancelling the order and buying a pair in town, but after talking with Michael again later yesterday they're going to ship me the original pair again. It's not an ideal outcome, but they should be here this week. Like I said before, if the original pair had been my only option initially I would've bought them and been content. I just wasn't thrilled to wait 9 weeks to find out we had two very different ideas of what brown is.

I'm still not sure it's the "right" answer, but it's something.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
45669-3a0fae1a3dfc96f1febfe20c030f100d.jpg

56FG , I think it'll be okay . I spoke with Art , the samples still haven't made it , but he said they would be like the picture I sent (Yours) with lighter tan tops (probably if he remembered) , but he would talk to me tomorrow . Personally those would be fine , even with the #6 Heel if they goofed up , but I hope I can get my breeches over the tops , or in (either way , those look wider to me) . I maybe wrong , but they're more than likely like this picture with Chocolate Waxed Calf vamps (but I said I liked Medium Brown myself , but no big deal) ...

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• 45669-3a0fae1a3dfc96f1febfe20c030f100d.jpg
    45669-3a0fae1a3dfc96f1febfe20c030f100d.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 139

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Well Art said they'd be lighter than your's 56FG , but he sent this picture since the samples never came , yet , and they look golden tan ... , Just giving me an idea of the Tops ... , but they look Okay ...

IMG_1247.JPG

Well Art said they'd be lighter than your's 56FG , but he sent this picture since the samples never came , yet , and they look golden tan ... , Just giving me an idea of the Tops ... , but they look Okay ...

View attachment 53871
Realizing those aren't for your order, those look pretty good, Michael. If I had my choice I would want a bit more contrast in color between the tops & the stitching. The piping looks good though.

I've always been a fan of toe bugs & wrinkles, that's one of the reasons I'm not much into exotics. And PB's bugs & wrinkles are the best. Love the bug.

RJR

I've followed this thread with interest.You have way more patience than I do!There are lots of makers out there that value the customer.I haven't bought any boots for several years but Black Jack took really good care of me on a number of special orders.

HJ's comments about toe bugs and wrinkles got me to thinking about the different styles and I thought I'd post some of mine. Obviously, I have too much time on my hands today. Sorry for my lousy photography. What I lack in photography skills I make up for in computer illiteracy.
CIMG1896.JPG

Starting at the top with the brown ones, going clockwise. Ray Jones, my favorite; late 50's to 60's Tony Lama; Bob Wilson mystery boots, the ugliest; Olsen Stelzer hippos, an example of wasted wrinkles and toe bug; unknown maker with ten wrinkles; Lucchese Classics; Tony Lama El Rey, also with ten wrinkles; vintage Olsen Stelzers; Dave Hutchings, no wrinkles , just a big swooping toe bug; M. L. Leddy; Eddie Kimmel; James Leddy.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
HJ's comments about toe bugs and wrinkles got me to thinking about the different styles and I thought I'd post some of mine. Obviously, I have too much time on my hands today. Sorry for my lousy photography. What I lack in photography skills I make up for in computer illiteracy.
View attachment 53893
Starting at the top with the brown ones, going clockwise. Ray Jones, my favorite; late 50's to 60's Tony Lama; Bob Wilson mystery boots, the ugliest; Olsen Stelzer hippos, an example of wasted wrinkles and toe bug; unknown maker with ten wrinkles; Lucchese Classics; Tony Lama El Rey, also with ten wrinkles; vintage Olsen Stelzers; Dave Hutchings, no wrinkles , just a big swooping toe bug; M. L. Leddy; Eddie Kimmel; James Leddy.

The Ray Jones would be my favorite , too , but that's an impressive collection ! #2 would be the El Rey TL's .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana