Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! Last night I decided to forgo the tequila so I could take some Bayer Back & Body aspirin at bedtime. I take it regularly & it's pretty good stuff. I iced down for a time then went to bed early. I'm pretty good this morning & the pain seems to be confined to my hip bone/socket/buttock & my shoulder. Everything else that I have been left with was to be expected. Just glad I didn't hit my head; in a few days I'll be good.

Looking forward to seeing those boots soon, Michael. Hope they fit as you like them to & that you are happy with the choice!

That's Good NEWS ! Thanks Jack ! Boy me , too , on the Boots . I'm kind of getting tired of dealing with Art . He's nice , but ... . Hopefully they'll fit .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
WOW ! I'm MORE than Happy with these (more later) ...

IMG_1367.JPG

Perfect Fit !

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Glad to hear it Michael! They look sharp! Looking forward to more pics.

I'll try to get more and better pictures tomorrow . I just opened the box when it arrived , kicked off my old Boots , and pulled them on . I was Happily Shocked they fit perfect . Sorry I didn't think to fold my jeans before pulling them on , and taking that pic so fast .

You can only imagine Greg ! I forgot how great Good Boots felt , and these Really look Great to me . Why was I wearing junk so long ? The #3 Heel is just right , too .

Michael, trying to describe or explain how a handmade boot feels, relative to an off the shelf Ariat or name your brand boot, is like trying to tell someone who has been wearing Florsheims that they ought to try some Edward Greens. You know the difference when you feel the leather and put them on your feet. Great looking boots.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Those look great!

Thanks Joao !

Michael, trying to describe or explain how a handmade boot feels, relative to an off the shelf Ariat or name your brand boot, is like trying to tell someone who has been wearing Florsheims that they ought to try some Edward Greens. You know the difference when you feel the leather and put them on your feet. Great looking boots.

I'm telling you , incredible support , and comfort . The arch support is fantastic ! I can't imagine custom . If I get really nutty one day I'd fly to Nogales AZ (those Tom Mix ring my bell) , or Bowie TX for some Mike Vaughn Boots . I think James Leddy Boots are made in Abilene by his daughter still , I haven't seen any of her work that made my eyes bug out , but I could figure out some that would . ... and these are Paul Bond Stock Working Boots , WOW ! All the Horse Poo was Nothing , they're expensive , but fallen arches , and other things , plus not to mention having to replace cheap Boots that can't be resoled these days are too . And these aren't even broken in . New leather soles always have that slick feeling , if you know what I mean .

Michael, I can't imagine the family dynamic but James Leddy's wife sold the business to the dos Santos family, who worked for leddy a long time and they still make boots under the James Leddy name. Leddy's daughter and her husband opened their own shop, in Abilene as well, called Leddy's Legacy. I bet the family reunions are fun.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
Jack, glad you're mending well. Sounds like a pretty rough fall.

Michael, great boots! They look almost exactly like mine, save the shorter heel. I think if I had it to do over I might've gone with the #3 like you did, but the 6 isn't a problem. Just think shorter might be better for working on the ground.

Jack, glad you're mending well. Sounds like a pretty rough fall.
Thanks 56. Last night was pretty rough & I didn't get much sleep. I'm sure I will have another night or two to come like that yet so tonight I'll take something for it. It's still plenty painful & tough getting around but I'm going to try & meet some guys for coffee here shortly.

You & Michael both have some great boots! I'm glad everything seems to have worked out finally. I hope your pair are breaking in & you're happy with them..

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks dh , and everyone ! You know I can't take good pictures , but I tried ...

IMG_1370.JPG IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1373.JPG IMG_1374.JPG

I'm Happy with them , I used to not care if my breeches were in or out , now I feel like a show off , but I haven't worn them out , yet . Time to start breaking them in though . The #3 heel is 5/8" shorter , I think , just a dab over a 1/2" difference in the #6 heel . I love em ! The commissioned PBB don't look like #6 heels to me , I'll ask Art , if he calls . I can see the differences for sure now , more than what I did , though . I mostly noticed the top of the heel at the spur ridge before .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto