Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CR jacket with diamond quilted shoulders

the loco

One of the Regulars
It seems that in the past it was used on MC jackets for additional protection. Lewis Leathers has several models with this detail.

This Thedi x Thurston Phoenix in particular looks great:

Thedi_Quilted_Cafe_Racer_front_large.jpg

Thedi_Quilted_Cafe_Racer_back.jpg

I think this style would look fantastic as a fashion jacket. A part from Lewis and Thedi, what other companies offer this type of jacket?

It seems that in the past it was used on MC jackets for additional protection. Lewis Leathers has several models with this detail.

This Thedi x Thurston Phoenix in particular looks great:

Thedi_Quilted_Cafe_Racer_front_large.jpg

Thedi_Quilted_Cafe_Racer_back.jpg

I think this style would look fantastic as a fashion jacket. A part from Lewis and Thedi, what other companies offer this type of jacket?

Any, ever. This style, diamond quilted shoulders, elbows, etc. is this years mens leather jacket trend. Malls are full of them, some nicer than the others.

As for the high end brands, I can tell you that Langlitz does it and so does Vanson too (Chopper jacket). Aaand... Can't think of anyone else. Johnson Leathers? Schott has a few models albeit only for Japanese market. RMC does padded Buco J-100, my personal favorite.

Langlitz Cascade
4e77638e66.jpg

Vanson Chopper
vanson-chopper-leather-motorcycle-jacket-union-garage-01-rt.jpg

RMC J-100
411d4659a043b230f05e55d678553709.jpg

the loco

One of the Regulars
Maybe it would be worth adding one of those. Even when the trend changes, since it's an older design, it should be always wearable as long as one picks a sober design.

I agree with the Buco J-100, this could work well in a CR that doesn't have too many details (few front pockets and one piece back).

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like patched shoulder and elbow on mine, but prefer to leave it plain or maybe double lines stitching around the edges, no crisscross lines over it.

Edward

Bartender
It's not my normal aesthetic, but I'd certainly consider it if the right jacket came along. It was a very common feature on British bike jackets (of which labels and manufacturers were legion until about the mid eighties) from, I think at the very earliest, possibly 1968, though it's more of a Seventies thing I believe. I do think it looks kinda cool; I can see me opting for something like the Langlitz as a sort of compromise between a cool vintage bike jacket and a modern, protective garment if I was to get into serious riding. Interstin,g though, to see these later features on jackets of very similar styles to what I remember being a commonplace norm in the late 80s coming round to being viewed as 'vintage' and design-fodder for high-end repros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points