Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
A couple of nice pairs of glass cabochon cufflinks by Swank. I saw the originals of the red pair in the windows.of a jewellers in Brussels about ten years ago; sadly it was closed when I went back. I've been looking ever since. I found a pair with a conical section which seemed like the ones but never felt quite right, and then I stumbled across these.on eBay and after about a month of patient waiting they are.mine
IMG_0781-1_zps0f57e0f7.jpg

O.K. I know how you guys feel about torpedo backs, but these are all I have. Far more than I need, cosidering I have no French cuff shirts to put them on. One day...one day...
zedysaqa.jpg

These must've been a gift for a Sears salesman. They are Allstate plugs in the original cheap@ss corporate presentation box.
su2aqu7u.jpg

Had to have these. I love atomic era stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Feraud

Bartender
Found a pair of vintage cufflinks. They are the type that extend with a tiny retractable chain to connect the two halves. I'll get a pic posted if anyone is interested.
I think the last pair I saw were posted by Marc Chevalier.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
I often keep it simple with my dress shirts when on appointment, and I wear french cuffs 30-40% of time, here's some of my cuff links, most are vintage. a couple sets are awesome, like the vintage fly sets, one with actual tied flies encased.

004-5.jpg

Very nice! I like the ones with the flies set in them a lot, and also really admire the square ones with the starburst and little red stones

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I can say all these are really nice. My Husband is a cuff link fiend. Best pair of vintage he likes are from early 1950's and are Rolex Watch Insignia multi surface links. To date, we have not seen any other pair that are Rolex cuff links. Last month I picked up some blue lapis cufflinks, the lapis is mounted on gold, a smooth flat bar of gold splits the lapis into two top side by side parts, and they originally were from Neiman Marcus. The seller said in his listing these had sat in his dresser for 40 years a gift he never used. They have a 14k stamp on a part of the stem of the post of the cufflink itself. That all swivels as well to help the angle of the link. They are in the original box as well. I could not resist. The seller told me he was in his late 70's and just wanted them to go to someone that would use them.....so...for less than $30.00...I "owned" them and now my Husband has them to wear with other blue attire....Nice lapis is not cheap...and being used with the 14k gold...geez...I had to tell the seller my best guess of value would have been around a good grand or more...but that was after I paid for them and they arrived safely at our home. lol!

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
A really good friend found himself in one Hell of Health crisis... he was sent home under Hospice Care... he knew I had been out to the Monument Valley area of Arizona quite often. His request was that I take his ashes out West to a really nice place, and scatter them.

When the time came, he and I drove out West from the Mississippi Delta... and I found a lovely spot just outside of Taos, NM to scatter some of his ashes. That was rather emotional... much more difficult that I ever imagined it would be. Anyway, afterwards, I was shopping in a really neat antique store in Taos... where I found these cuff links. I decided that they would come home with me as a memento of my trip with my good friend, Larry.

links.JPG

I trust you are resting well, Scooter...

~shoes~

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday at a fleamarket I found this round leather box containing several 1930's cufflinks and a tie bar.
Most are silver - one is gold doublé.

Mansch2.jpg

Mansch1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points