Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Some cufflinks of mine. Except for the braided silk ones at the bottom right, all of them are from 1900 to 1940:

newpics025.jpg

Man....how long did it take for you to lay those out?

metalnut

New in Town
collections website

Why not use a website to display the collection so all can enjoy. I did this with my pipes www.smokingmetal.co.uk and there is a link to the guys who designed the site for me
Tony in England, the Metalnut

maintcoder said:
Very nice deal, Major. Lately, I have been looking to add to the few cufflinks/tie bars I have as well. I will have to keep my eyes open in the eBay direction if your deal is indicative of what is available.

Feraud

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge upr_crust! You have a great collection of cufflinks.

I work Midtown East Side and I would swear I have seen you before. Very few fellows wear hats and we who do tend to stand out.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I must admit, not being in to vintage before hand, I don't think I was really aware that non-toggle backs were available, much less common. Pardon my ignorance, but is there a preference in their use between different cuff types?

Other than it seems to me, why just have one side decorated, when you can have both…

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Deco Vintage Cufflinks Won on Ebay

I hope I did not steal these from a fellow Lounger.

The description dates them as the 1930's. They look like they just could be...

CLSTERSWANK2.jpg

CLSTERSWANK1.jpg

upr_crust

New in Town
Sightings of me in Midtown East should be rare . . .

. . . it's only when I am littering Madison Avenue with bits of my accrued personal net worth that I am there.;) .

I live on the West Side, and work downtown, but do occasionally visit Midtown East, generally either when I want to see what I can't afford for the current season, fashion-wise, or when such swag goes on sale, such that I might find it affordable.

As for the collection of cufflinks, thanks for the compliment, but the pictures posted are only a small fraction of the entire collection - more pix to come!

Feraud said:
Welcome to the Lounge upr_crust! You have a great collection of cufflinks.

I work Midtown East Side and I would swear I have seen you before. Very few fellows wear hats and we who do tend to stand out.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chanfan said:
I must admit, not being in to vintage before hand, I don't think I was really aware that non-toggle backs were available, much less common. Pardon my ignorance, but is there a preference in their use between different cuff types?

Other than it seems to me, why just have one side decorated, when you can have both…

Just browse throught the cufflinks section at ebay and you will be overwhelmed by vintage double-sided links at affordable prices. I don't own any toggle backs.

upr_crust

New in Town
Thanks for the public compliment . . .

. . . and, believe it or not, there are more photos to be posted, which I will post when next I have the chance. The collection is the byproduct of living in a small space, and having an acquisitive nature - one collects that which one can fit into one's small Manhattan apartment.

scotrace said:
That is QUITE a collection of beautiful cufflinks. Wow!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
These were apparently my great-grandpa's, found them while we were cleaning my grandparent's house. I like them a lot more than regular cufflinks, I can put them on, then put on the shirt, with no fussing to get the links in.

DSC04472.jpg

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Show us your Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Here, I'll show you mine first:

links.jpg

My favorites are lower right, the chess kings and the coliseum. I also fancy the pink ones a great deal. I've collected these over the last few months; I started out wanting to find cufflinks that had decorated tabs/insides, as with the brown ones lower left, which have little "pointers" in the same color as the rest on the inside/tab. I would like the kind which are connected by a chain/link instead of having a rotatable tab (like the ones back right), but I can't put those on by myself. The gunmetal black ones, one piece curved with a ball for the inside, are superb, oh so easy to put on, and elegantly simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points