Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hello,
I've been on the look out for a pair of grey and white saddle shoes like the ones pictured here http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...Married-kathleen-turner-22616642-1600-897.jpg and have not found them yet. I tried Ebay, Etsy, and muffies. I was wondering if there is a way to have saddle shoes coustom made.

In the early 1960s what kind of saddles shoes were worn?, I have not been able to track down a pair of 1960s saddle shoes. I've only seen 1940s-1950s.

I was online and came a cross these:

NOS Vtg 60s 70s SADDLE Shoes 6 tan brown ROCKABILLY

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Thanks LD.
Idledame your comment reminded me of the TV show Gidget and all the early 1960's (set in California) shoes the girls wore on the show I'll have to see what they wore.
I did find some white and grey saddle shoes but only as golf shoes, to bad I am not a golfer and a couple in toddler size. Still on the look out though.

Idledame

Practically Family
I agree Lady Day! I would love to find modern version of those shoes. I wonder who was wearing or where saddle shoes were being worn in the 1960s? I don't recall seeing any being worn. Have to check my yearbooks.

Idledame

Practically Family
I just checked all the group pictures in my 1964 Junior high yearbook and sure enough one girl is wearing saddle shoes. So they were around but not considered stylish. The in style was nylons and flats, or "tennies" (like Keds). There are no saddle shoes in any photos in my 1967 high school yearbook.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I agree Lady Day! I would love to find modern version of those shoes. I wonder who was wearing or where saddle shoes were being worn in the 1960s? I don't recall seeing any being worn. Have to check my yearbooks.

They were still common here, at least among little kids -- both my cousin and I had them. And, of course, there was always Lucy Van Pelt, who wore them right to the end of the 20th Century.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I just ordered these from Hush Puppies. (Model: Lonna Shootie).
I think they have a wonderful 30s vibe, without being kitsch.
Does anyone know how Hush Puppies sizing tends to run? Small, TTS, Large? And do they tend to run narrow or wide?
So excited for them to arrive:
1380279699-08445200.jpg
654_49365_P.jpg

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars

Hey LD,

Here are a couple that I found on 6pm.com that are similar to those and pretty affordable:

These are lower, but maybe better for everyday: http://www.6pm.com/unionbay-jenna-kitten-heels-black-suede

Again, lower and not suede, but still the same shape: http://www.6pm.com/soft-style-guiliana-black-vitello

These have a bow but the thicker heel: http://www.6pm.com/clarks-society-ball-pewter-suede

And these: http://www.6pm.com/vaneli-fineen-black-suede

Ok, so the last two are a little more, but you should look around the site, they have great deals and you can usually find some vintagey stuff on there.

Engel

New in Town
b771a6519d3600da264bec968f4ae844.jpg

Miss L Fire on Modcloth.com

I bought those red Miss L Fire shoes this year, end of september of 2013! I live in Germany and you can still find some shoes from last year's collection on selected websites, which was lucky for me, as I really fell in love with those shoes (specially in red), but last year I wasn't aware of vintage reproduction clothes or shoes, and would just bring small touches of vintage to my daily wear.

Fast forward to this year, I gave away around 90% of my modern clothes, keeping just a few old favourites (plus all my leggings and confortable t-shirts, for when I exercise) and basics that were vintage appropriate and don't look out of place when I mix them with all the vintage reproduction clothing I own now.

Shoes are still a work in progress, but so far I own 8 Miss L Fire shoes and one pair of saddle shoes from Rocket Originals, which is a very great start. I just need to find one or two nice snow boots, as here in germany I can't wear my beautiful shoes most of the winter. :(

I have been reading this thread for days now, and bookmarking many pages and pinning so many shoes on Pinterest thanks to you ladies! I wanted to thank you all properly for sharing where to get such amazing shoes. xO

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Do you know where could I order those from that would deliver in Germany?
Hey! Not sure. I was gonna say Spartoo.... I bought mine from the danish part of that site. I looked at spartoo.de and they don't have Hush puppies. Weird, because afaik all their shoes are sent from the same warehouse in France. I can only advise you to google the name of she shoes.. sorry.
I envy you being able to get Miss L Fire shoes!
I use a size 41(-42) and Miss L Fire runs so dan small. Their 41s feel like narrow 40s on me.

Engel

New in Town
Hey! Not sure. I was gonna say Spartoo.... I bought mine from the danish part of that site. I looked at spartoo.de and they don't have Hush puppies. Weird, because afaik all their shoes are sent from the same warehouse in France. I can only advise you to google the name of she shoes.. sorry.
I envy you being able to get Miss L Fire shoes!
I use a size 41(-42) and Miss L Fire runs so dan small. Their 41s feel like narrow 40s on me.

That is true, I usually wear a 39 european size, but wear a 40 with Miss L Fire. How do Hush Puppies fit? Are the ones you bought comfortable? I really liked them as well, and I just got rid of my two well worn black booties that have been used and abused for the past 3 years. I now only have one pair of black booties, which really isn't enough, otherwise they will only last one year

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I havent recieved them yet. Will let you know.
I dont get why MLF don't expand their size range. It would only mean extra earnings for them as there is a market for vintagey shoes for big-footed women.

Where do you usually get your vintage-repro clothes?

wahine

Practically Family
Engel, I have one pair of Hush Puppies that I just love because they are soo comfy. Really, I wish I could wear them all the time. Their size is a bit smaller than I usually have, I usually wear 38 or 38,5 in summer shoes, these Hush Puppies are 39 and fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk