Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I have seen socks at Target that are short yet have a thin material...would probably work just fine with those shoes. They would look just fine without anything on the feet also.
My daughter's feet sweat easily too..what I have her do is rub talc or baby powder on them...seems to do just fine. I've also heard to roll on deoderant (anti-perspirant) on the bottom of the feet. [huh] worth a try anyways.
Daisy, it's ok, most people don't get my sense of humor either!:rolleyes: :D
btw: glad you're back in here!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Daisy Buchanan said:
And if I end up looking almost like someone else, I hope they wouldn't run off to their room and change, for that might be insulting. They should just laugh at one another, take it as a complement, be honoured that someone thinks that you have great enough taste that it's worth emulating in public.

And then we break out in a chorus of an Andrew's Sister's song, right? right? Wait... where did everyone go? lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lauren Henline said:
And then we break out in a chorus of an Andrew's Sister's song, right? right? Wait... where did everyone go? lol
HeHe. Golly, you wouldn't want to hear me break out into any song! We sure would be saying "Wait.....where did everyone go?"
By the way, back to my saying that it's not a big deal if we all wear the same thing....Shoes are the least of our worries. Aren't we all vying for the same patterns, and bidding on the same dresses on ebay. My My, we all have such fantabulous taste. Besides, even if we do all dress alike, we still manage to look soooo different from the general public. Just as long as we don't coordinate outfits like the Brady's did when they went on that TV talent show so they could win a silver platter for their parents anniversary! We are, after all, immitating a style that exudes class, charm, romance, and overall beauty. I mean, I would understand people looking at us in disdain if we were wearing polyester bell bottoms in shades of pale blue, halloween orange, and chocolate brown, had matching ribbons in our two pony tails, and those funny little colorful plastic barettes; you know the ones that had funny characters on them; to hold our too long bangs out of our faces. It's common for styles to repeat themselves. But oh the seventies, ugh! I can only pray that this style doesn't repeat itself when the children I'm hopefully going to have are old enough to dress themselves:eek:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that's why I've been looking in vintage stores, hoping that the dresses and suits I wear to the QM is somewhat different! But true, we've got our hair, make up and accessories to boot...we'll be looking good :D Speaking of shoes, I'm going to have to buy some new ones...the bad thing about having puppies is that they seem to go straight for dress shoes for teething toys :mad:

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Thanks Rosie for sharing those shoes. But that price is sorta out of my reach right now. Somehow I don't think anyone could play basketball in that high of a heel!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SP05F2704A.JPG

I found these! :D
http://www.spiegel.com/shop/product..._cat_id=7000&nav_cat_id=8459&category_id=8460

LD

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I recently purchased these from Naturalizer:
shoesnaturalizerforecastvanillaxe7.jpg

I wore them to church yesterday and loved them so much I've ordered them in black.

shoesnaturalizerforecastblackao9.jpg

I wear a size 4 1/2 (USA size) so shoes always a challenge for me!

Daisy Buchanan

BlancheDubois said:
I recently purchased these from Naturalizer:
shoesnaturalizerforecastvanillaxe7.jpg

I wore them to church yesterday and loved them so much I've ordered them in black.

shoesnaturalizerforecastblackao9.jpg

I wear a size 4 1/2 (USA size) so shoes always a challenge for me!
I've got those too. So comfy! I love Naturalizer shoes. They are all very comfy and come in a wide range of sizes and widths.

Daisy Buchanan

It's so funny to use the word Cotour with a brand like easy spirit.
They did have those funny basketball commercials, and like Holly, I was had a pair of loafers that fell apart way too fast.
Everything goes on sale quickly. I think their shoes are really cute, but as I've pointed out (probably too many times) Naturalizer has super cute vintag-y shoes, and they are really reasonably priced.
If I'm gonna spend that kind of money on shoes, I'm gonna buy Weitzmans or Kate Spade, they both make beautiful very different looking albeit super trendy shoes. Although I love vintage, I still have my modern loves, designer shoes and pocket books. Bad bad habit. I have to hand it to Hemingway Jones though, he has spent hours with me at Gucci and Louis Vuitton, and never complained. I kind of wish he would. If he hurried me out of the store, my pockets would be fuller. OK back to shoes, sorry I tend to go on silly tangents when it comes to the things I like, and both shoes and handbags fall into the same category, don't they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana