Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

fortworthgal said:
I've got these from Target in brown and black:

B000BPZ3F6.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

I tried those on in Taget a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't figure out why the front part of the shoe stayed off the floor. Do yours do that? I looked at more then one pair and they were all like that.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
ESENNISPD.jpg

my roommate bought these easyspirit ones, and though they were the most comfortable wedges ive ever tried on, they were still way too tall to walk easily in. then again, the both of us are used to wearing keds sneakers all day long. she ended up selling them on ebay.

babydollpumps1.jpg

im absolutely in love with these from http://www.remixvintageshoes.com, the green ones are just fabulous! ive heard that youve got to break them in though, and high heels just arent kind to my feet. i managed to get a stress fracture in my foot from wearing kitten heels all day once! a stress fracture! from one inch kitten heels! :eusa_doh:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
I got these in the spring.http://www.ninewest.com/s;NW_JSESSI...category.jsp&event=p.shoe&pid=12043&cid=47001
Similar to the ones you have posted.
I used to like Enzo a lot, never had a problem with fit and were always comfortable and easy to break in. I bought these for the same reason, and because they were vintage-y. They are kind of comfortable, but it took a bit to break them in. I wish they were just a little less hi-heeled. But, they are really cute, at least I'd like to think they are.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
and at kohls

kohls also have a two-toned shoe similar to this one but much more vintage looking, shorter rounded toe - can't find a pic but my friend bought a pair on sale for $26!

time to go shopping!

rsg

Naama

Practically Family
I've seen a lot of shoes in simmilar styles like the ones on RedShoesGirls link lately. One pair from Hugo Boss, if I remember it right. The other brands I forgott, pricey, but they looked pretty good.

Naama

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
How funny I was just coming to get advice on some shoes I just got in a reeeally similar style...that I couldn't really afford and am trying to make myself take back. I got them to go with a 30s-y dress I am wearing to a wedding. Do you think they look vintage inspired? Should I keep em and regret it later? :p

If I do keep them I'll need to tighten the strap somehow, is the only thing. The elastic holding the little button on is too long and they are a bit loose.

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

book_lover

Familiar Face
they're scrumptious, especially the cream and black....... I have fallen in love with a coat in Marks and Spencer that would be perfect with those....... (but then I live in the UK so probably couldn't get them!)

Caledonia

Practically Family
I'd keep them Fleur. They have a 20s into early 30s look. A decent cobbler should be able to either shorten the elastic or put another hole in the strap for you. And if they're comfortable, what's to regret! They'll go with modern, 30s, 20s, and if you want to try an early 60s look sometime they'll do that too. Good buy! :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

book_lover said:
they're scrumptious, especially the cream and black....... I have fallen in love with a coat in Marks and Spencer that would be perfect with those....... (but then I live in the UK so probably couldn't get them!)

only problem is they scuff up pretty badly - i used nail polish remover to get some of the scuffs off but since they're man-made materials it took some serious elbow grease.

book_lover

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
only problem is they scuff up pretty badly - i used nail polish remover to get some of the scuffs off but since they're man-made materials it took some serious elbow grease.

at least the nail varnish remover didn't ruin the shoe itself, I've had some pretty awful accidents with that stuff. Most notably the time a little friend put nail varnish on my Barbie's eyes - I made her go blind trying to take it off!

Daisy Buchanan

Fleur De Guerre said:
How funny I was just coming to get advice on some shoes I just got in a reeeally similar style...that I couldn't really afford and am trying to make myself take back. I got them to go with a 30s-y dress I am wearing to a wedding. Do you think they look vintage inspired? Should I keep em and regret it later? :p

If I do keep them I'll need to tighten the strap somehow, is the only thing. The elastic holding the little button on is too long and they are a bit loose.

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg
Those are super cute and vintage-y. They also look really comfortable. The leather looks soft, as if it won't take 10 wears to break them in. The heel looks like it's not too high. I like them, I say wear em'. Everyone deserves a treat every now and again!

I am amazed by all the vintage-y shoes I've been seeing lately. I'm glad to see them coming back in style. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the vintage inspired films in Hollywood. Hollywood seems to set the trend, I just hope that the new trend is a return to style.

Daisy Buchanan

Naturalizer's new fall collection has come out, and they have done it again! Lot's of very cute vintage-y shoes that aren't just stylish but are also super comfortable. I haven't ordered any of the new styles yet, since I've recently gone a little too shoe crazy. I'm gonna wait a few weeks to see if they go on sale, since that is usally the case with this brand. As I've said before, this brand is quite reliable and very comfortable. The shoes are very well made and often rubber soled which makes them even easier to walk in.
Here's a few pairs that I think you ladies might like. Check out there website too. I also like that most of their pairs come in a wide variety of widths.
The first pair is like a spectator It also comes in solid red or solid black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto