Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deal of the Day -- Goodwear/Diamond Dave cafe racer

Peacoat

Bartender
The heading of the ad indicates that it is a Goodyear production, but in reading farther down the page, I see that it is built by Diamond based on a Goodwear/Diamond design, whatever that means.

It's certainly a very sharp looking jacket and a (relatively) low opening bid. To me though the sleeves look a bit too full, at least for my preference.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the sleeves look wrong, like they belong on another jacket. I get the impression that they're quite wide at the top but then taper hard at the forearm. Looks like a test pattern to me.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Yes, the sleeves look wrong, like they belong on another jacket. I get the impression that they're quite wide at the top but then taper hard at the forearm. Looks like a test pattern to me.
Yes.........sleeves are all wrong. It does mention that this was a test jacket. Some experiment gone terribly wrong no doubt. Test jacket = imperfect I guess. Doesn't say much for DD's credibility imo. Most likely he screwed up someones jacket but would rather pawn it off on someone else rather bury it in his yard where it belongs!!

Last edited:

lina

Practically Family
I hadn't noticed the sleeves, though you all are right of course that they seem too full. Too bad, otherwise a fine jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes.........sleeves are all wrong. It does mention that this was a test jacket. Some experiment gone terribly wrong no doubt. Test jacket = imperfect I guess. Doesn't say much for DD's credibility imo. Most likely he screwed up someones jacket but would rather pawn it off on someone else rather bury it in his yard where it belongs!!

Ah, I didn't bother to read DD's spiel, the pictures speak volumes. As you say, DD seems to be trying to recoup his losses on a duff jacket, but I see he's got a bid already, so that's $450 in the bag.

Not sure why he/they would'nt trim the sleeves and offer it at full price, rather than putting something less than ideal out for the world to see. Perhaps it's too difficult to do, I have no idea, but you'd need some Arnold size guns to fill that sleeve out...and then be incredibly slim everywhere else.

lol I don't see the sleeves being all that wide... It's a very nice jacket, I'm glad it hasn't entered production 'cause I would be $2000 poorer. If it was a Buco copy, someone would have already snagged it.

Gav

Practically Family
Yeah I think we got the message... You don't like DD

What the hell..!? It's a perfectly normal jacket! Not a single thing wrong with it, it's just new.

Original Brooks.

il_570xN.319548419.jpg

Reactions: Gav
Lol! No, neither JC nor DD are making a jacket for me because a) I couldn't afford one and b) I couldn't afford one. All I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with that jacket! It's just a bit new and still keeping its form, that's all. Besides, it's a 46, I would imagine the sleeves woulda been a bit wide.

Having said that, you cannot possibly believe that either Dave or John would allow this jacket to be sold while deliberately withholding the information that it's a duff? It's been up on GW page since forever, only at a small discount.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Not true at all. He should be
Lol! No, neither JC nor DD are making a jacket for me because a) I couldn't afford one and b) I couldn't afford one. All I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with that jacket! It's just a bit new and still keeping its form, that's all. Besides, it's a 46, I would imagine the sleeves woulda been a bit wide.

Having said that, you cannot possibly believe that either Dave or John would allow this jacket to be sold while deliberately withholding the information that it's a duff? It's been up on GW page since forever, only at a small discount.
It says test jacket.......sold as is. There not withholding anything. Maybe at the time they were thinking jackets with really big arms was going to be all the rage...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a 46 because that's the size JC is. He makes test-patterns to fit him,self for photos. It's more than just the way the sleeves gather at the top of the forearms. I may be wrong but the sleeve-heads, where they meet the body, look mis-matched:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Not true at all. Something like this belongs on a discount rack in the store where someone might pick it up real cheap and be OK with it. Look at all the BAD publicity he's getting because of a few bucks. Totally unnecessary.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21