Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Theresa Saldana, who became well known first in the Beatles inspired film I Want to Hold Your Hand, then Raging Bull. And the tv show The Commish, has died, aged 61.

She was also known for having been stabbed by a stalker, and fighting for victims' rights.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Radio actress Janet Waldo has died at the age of 96. Best known for her breathless portrayals of bobby-sox teenage girls in such 1940s situation comedies as "Meet Corliss Archer" and "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," she became well-known all over again to Boomers thru her cartoon voice work in the 1960s, where her best remembered role was that of breathless teenager Judy Jetson. Her name was back in the news in the 1980s when she was unceremoniously dropped from the cast of the "Jetsons" movie in favor of disposable pop star "Tiffany." Despite all that, she continued to work well into the 21st Century, and was a popular ambassador for the Golden Age of Radio at "OTR" conventions.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Genuinely nice man. Sad that his wife died in an automobile accident in December. Listened to an interview on AM740 Toronto where he wanted to talk about it and the announcer Robbie Lane, (they'd known each other for years) obviously was uncomfortable and changed the subject...Bobby Curtola was talented, fun, generous, admired and had no ego. He is missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider