Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

You might not know his name but if you're over 40 you know his work. Cartoonist Jack Davis has died at the age of 91. A veteran of the EC Comics staff of the early 1950s, Davis went on to become one of the most prolific caricaturists in the business, with a long run at Mad magazine and decades of drawing distinctive, humorous covers for TV Guide and Time, among many other publications.

davis,j_art_of.jpg

You could always recognize his work by the spindly legs and the ridiculous knobbly feet.
I still have a stack of MAD magazines from when I was a kid. I loved the art and the humor. The caricatures of celebrities and their movies and television shows kept in stitches for hours. His impact upon my life is great.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Character actor David Huddleston has died at the age of 85. Sarah Koeppe, Huddleston's wife, said he died of advanced heart and kidney disease on Tuesday in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

"Strong men also cry. Strong men, also cry...". Big Lebowski.

"Condolences Mr. Lebowski - the bums lost"! Big Lebowski.

"That's a bummer, man..." The Dude.

Rest in peace sir, rest in peace.

"Strong men also cry. Strong men, also cry...". Big Lebowski.

"Condolences Mr. Lebowski - the bums lost"! Big Lebowski.

"That's a bummer, man..." The Dude.

Rest in peace sir, rest in peace.

"Now who can argue with that?...Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age." - Olson Johnson

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Former New York Mets catcher Clarence "Choo-Choo" Coleman has died at the age of 80. A member of the legendarily-awful 1962 expansion Mets, Coleman might have been a better player with a better club -- he was one of the fastest catchers in the league at a time when the position was dominated by lead-footed, lard-bottomed sluggers, and had a decent throwing arm. But he'll always be remembered for a possibly apocryphal post-game interview with broadcaster Ralph Kiner, who, the legend goes, asked him "what's your wife's name and what's she like?" "Her name's Mrs. Coleman, and she likes me, bub!"

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It is commonplace to bag on the Gibb Brothers, but they could sing. And much more than the disco they are known for.
:D

Yes.... they were often "typecast" as lightweight musicians but their harmonies were first rate and they could write good pop tunes. I hated their voices "singing mice" I called em, but they had talent.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto