Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Jean Alexander passed away this week so it's just been reported on the BBC, she was 90 and had starred in one of the longest running drama programmes in the UK, then after leaving that, appeared again on one of the longest running comedy shows, (Summer Wine), plus other well loved programmes, she also appeared in some films. She won several awards and but was a very private, unassuming person.

I just heard today, surprising as Corrie is quite popular in Canada, and Last of the Summer Wine has been aired here for years. Quite sad to hear, but she had a great career over a long life!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/jean-alexander-actress-who-won-12029222

That video was on heavy, heavy rotation on MTV in its day.

He died very young and the article didn't say - any more details come out yet as to what was the cause? Always a shame to see somebody go so before their time.

That video was on heavy, heavy rotation on MTV in its day.

He died very young and the article didn't say - any more details come out yet as to what was the cause? Always a shame to see somebody go so before their time.
"Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns has died aged 57 after suffering a cardiac arrest, his management has said."

Mr. Bob Hoover, pilot and aerobatic performer extraordinaire, war hero, 1988 National Aviation Hall of Fame Inductee, and all-around good guy, has slipped the surly bonds of Earth.

Picture1.jpg

NY Times Obit

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I had the privilege to talk to Bob at several airshows, mostly while eating, he was truly a nice guy!

Last edited:
Actor Michael Massee has died, aged 61...
For me, Massee was always one of those "that guy" actors--you know the face, but not the name. It's a shame his career had the shadow of Lee's death cast over it, but I always thought his performances were spot-on for whichever role he was playing.

By the way, and this may or may not be accurate, but I read another online article that stated cancer was the cause of Mr. Massee's death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112