Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
That's a shocker! I didn't even know he was sick. He was fairly young and always looked healthy and vigourous when he was interviewed.
I first noticed special movie make-up with Dick Smith, then Chambers, Baker and Winston. He did a wonderful variety of work and all of it looked great.
R.I.P. :(

Sincerely,
The Wolf

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Somebody pirated the photo from our shoot. This is what it is supposed to look like:

MA33_Winston-cover.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Oh no. This is the first that I have heard. As much as any other individual George Carlin had a profound influence on my outlook on life and my sense of humor, which in my case is pretty much the same thing. What a tragedy.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The "Live At Carnagie Hall" album was a huge influence on my growing up and I'm sure a lot of others. We'll miss him. Good Bye George.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Back in 1990 I was working on Comic Relief which we did that year at Radio City Music Hall. The line-up was legendary: Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Robin, Billy Whoopi, Louie Anderson, Bobcat, Art Carney and on and on. I happened to be in the Green Room when they announced that George Carlin was up next and EVERYTHING STOPPED. Every comic in that room turned to the monitor to watch his set. THAT is the kind of impact that he had in the world of comedy.

Personally, I enjoyed my encounters with him. He was always a gentleman. And, despite his cynical bent, he had a good soul. He will be missed. I wonder if he'll do "The Seven Words You Can't Say In Heaven!" Hell, he'll be surprised there is one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto