Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dehen 1920 biker sweaters. Club zip.

Cocker

Practically Family
So, just received my Rumble59 racing sweater today as a late Christmas gift from my girlfriend. She picked the Race/Rock/Ride one, mainly because of the red collar and stripes. She picked a size L following the recommendations from l0fielectronic and Edward, and the fit is spot on. As usual, I was afraid that the sleeves may be too short, but it arrived with them rolled up, and they are just the perfect length. Thanks both of you guys for the advise!

The overall quality is really good, embroideries are nicely done, and there's not one lose stitch. Only "downsides" are the length, which is a bit long to be really vintage, as said before, and the right thumbhole that's a bit thight (could be easily fixed). It's been a long time since I hadn't been impressed like this by a piece of garment.

Once again, thanks guys for the sizing help.

Edward

Bartender
Glad you're pleased with the fit; cool present. I sometimes wear mine tucked into my denims, or I fold the hem up a few inches, which helps with length. Now, fit pics! ;)

Cocker

Practically Family
Yup, I considered folding the hem, will have to give it a try! I guess you fold it on the inside?

Fit pics... Will ask the miss when I'll be home tonight. It's her present, she should understand I'm proud to show it :-D

Cocker

Practically Family
Thank you guys! Will give the fold a try as you suggested, Edward.

The collar is indeed cool looking. Moreover, once zipped up and rolled, it makes for a pretty good turtleneck and keeps your... well, neck, from the cold.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice. I have been looking for a cotton sweater of this style for awhile. While the Buco one by Real McCoy's is almost perfect, the price is kind of high. The Lucky Brand, Cushman and Toys McCoy ones are not sweaters but are sweatshirts. The Rumble one seems to be within my budget so I revisited the site thinking of buying it but was stopped dead by the shipping costs of Euro 42 at the checkout. Will see if I can put together a group order with my friends.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Aero have done a rather spiffy collab with Dehen:

15267956_1671659466184126_2539158657827971821_n.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid I can't help you there. It does tick all the classic vintage look boxes, though, and these things are rare as hen's teeth over here, so I'm sure it'll do well.

Cocker

Practically Family
Plus, Dehen is know for the quality of there garments. Dang...

Have you seen the sunglasses they're also planning to release??

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Plus, Dehen is know for the quality of there garments. Dang...

Have you seen the sunglasses they're also planning to release??
Not yet. I saw the case they'll be sold, which I think is made from red shearling! That should protect it from all but the hardest bashes.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I am really surprised that Harley Davidson and Indian appear to be not interested in a potential big sale here. There is definitely a market for a 100% replica of those woollen racing sweaters with the Chenille lettering rather than just a printed logo in a man made fabric.
If not make it themselves then allow someone to make them under licence.

Last edited:
I am really surprised that Harley Davidson and Indian appear to be not interested in a potential big sale here. There is definitely a market for a 100% replica of those racing woollen racing sweaters with the Chenille lettering rather than just a printed logo in a man made fabric.
If not make it themselves then allow someone to make them under licence.
Yeah, sadly, to this point, I've only seen cheapo products that are similar, but made "overseas" and not worth owning.
Those two names could sell (as well as many others like Triumph) tons of top-shelf goods.

Edward

Bartender
£325 for the Aero Dehen?? Ouch! I know they're beautiful, all wool and perfect repros, but I might struggle with that. £200 I wouldn't think twice. But wool is pricey, and Dehen are small production... It does look really cool. I think this must be the first ever Aero with a logo on the outside? :) Maybe a cheaper cotton-knit version one day.

Have seen the sunglasses cases; hoping eventually I can buy the cases alone for my prescription glasses. They have both redskin shearly and A2 hide style models on instagram. Great idea: I bet a lot of off cuts that are perfectly good but too small for jacket panels can get used here too, which is cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points