Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dehen 1920 biker sweaters. Club zip.

Plumbline

One Too Many
£325 for the Aero Dehen?? Ouch! I know they're beautiful, all wool and perfect repros, but I might struggle with that. £200 I wouldn't think twice. But wool is pricey, and Dehen are small production... It does look really cool. I think this must be the first ever Aero with a logo on the outside? :) Maybe a cheaper cotton-knit version one day.

Gotta say I agree .... I'm also not a big fan of the logo, it's big and it's bold but it's a bit out of place on a motorcycle Jumper TBH ! I know Harley Davidson, Langlitz and Ace Café have done similar in the past but they are specifically heritage players in the Motorcycle Space. Equally the lettering looks to me like it belongs on a baseball / hockey jacket rather than a M/C sweater. The Langlitz version ( whilst still the sort of fluffy pile lettering ) was a lot more subtle TBH. It's interesting, I remember Sloanie commenting on the/my "Rush" Vanson Leather that Aero wouldn't splatter their logo on the outside of a garment ( or words to that effect ) .... it would appear not !

I'm sure it's a stunner in the flesh ... and the quality will be second to none ... but not for me :(

Reactions: Gav

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
A. Aero is a vintage label going back to the 1930s. So, even if it didn't necessarily happen at the time, it's historically 'apt' and not incongruous and I'm guessing Ken and Denny have made sure the typeface is of the time.
B. a commercially-produced leather jacket with a band's name stitched on it, no matter which the band, is a particularly egregious fashion faux pas. Such items smack of cheap 1980s satin baseball tour jackets.
As far as I'm concerned, you'd be better off with a cut-off denim jacket covered in Rush patches, at least that shows the commitment of a true fan and it's certainly cheaper. Also, and again this is just me, but paying somebody to use your back as a big expensive advertisement ain't very cool. It just smacks of, what's the word I'm looking for again? Ah yes, fanboyishness...

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
A. Yup ... just not in the Motorcycle Arena .... and I'm sure Ken and Denny did !
B. That wasn't the point you made ... though the jacket certainly is fanboyish .. and fangirlish ... it is by definition a fan product sold to errr .... fans. :) Besides I suspect most of the buyers didn't find it an egregious fashion faux pas .. in the same way that many on here would not see vintage themed dress as an egregious fashion faux pas !

"paying somebody to use your back as a big expensive advertisement ain't very cool. It just smacks of, what's the word I'm looking for again? Ah yes, fanboyishness..."

... but if it's you're chest that's OK right ??????? !!!!!!! ;)

... the jumper is certainly Dehen's std design ..... and I'm sure it will appeal to many .... just not me. Though I do like the Langlitz one.

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I wasn't going to comment but I have to admit when I first saw this I couldn't help but think of those sweatshirts and jumpers from the GAP shops with GAP on them in big, bold letters... I never understood why people bought those.

I get that this is different to a large degree, and its a lovely looking item in colour and desgin. Not for me though as I'm just not a fan of big branding. I can see, in this case, why someone might want one though, but I also see where the couple of disenting posters are coming from too.

Edward

Bartender
Progvrock is for people who wear flares.

"Like trousers, like brain."

Some logos are always unforgiveable... ;)

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
There is a local moto shop called SeeSee with a pretty cool marketing presence here in Portland.

Their Dehen sweaters are VERY nice I particularly like the grey one. But also very expensive...Id sooner spring for one of Dehens shawl collar coats for a little more cash.

https://www.seeseemotorcycles.com/

Cocker

Practically Family
Received this one for Christmas, this year:

rumble59_racing-sweater_death-rider_1.jpg

Fit is perfect, as the first one, even better IMO. We'll see how it will hold up in time.

Was in touch with the Dusty Stock owner in Belgium, not far from my home. They're doing poly/cotton racing sweater with custom felt letters for 70EUR or custom embroidery for 90EUR. We'll see how this one will turn out!

Here's a link to their webpage: http://www.dustystock.kingeshop.com/RACING-PULL-OVER-cbhaaaaaa.asp

Edward

Bartender
Received this one for Christmas, this year:

rumble59_racing-sweater_death-rider_1.jpg

Fit is perfect, as the first one, even better IMO. We'll see how it will hold up in time.

Was in touch with the Dusty Stock owner in Belgium, not far from my home. They're doing poly/cotton racing sweater with custom felt letters for 70EUR or custom embroidery for 90EUR. We'll see how this one will turn out!

Here's a link to their webpage: http://www.dustystock.kingeshop.com/RACING-PULL-OVER-cbhaaaaaa.asp

Is that one of the Rumble 59 sweaters? Looks very much their style. I like them a lot. I have the BMRC version. THey could be improved - I'd love to see a more vintage-style puller on the zip, and the body could do with being shorter overall. Still, it's very nice, and hard to beat for the money. I'd buy again from them. The other ones were the old Jersey Excellence brand from France. They were about GBP100, lovely sweaters. Knit cotton (as the Rumble 59) rather than wool, though that's no problem to me. Sadly, the business seems to have gone belly-up. I bought one on eBay which I think was from whoever bought their leftover stock. Lovely stuff - sadly, when I was sure the size was right, there were none left or I'd have bought more. The Dehen Sweaters are the very best of their kind, but they're simply priced at a level I could never justify. I mean, you could have a high-end leather, albeit second hand, or a decent new suit for the sort of money they charge. At that price, I'm out.

Cocker

Practically Family
Edward, I'm with you on the Dehen quality, as well as the price tag. It's hard for me to justify this kind of expense for just one sweater.

Yes, this is one of the new design from Rumble59. It's my second from them, really love them. The first one is getting a bit loose on the body, though, but this one seems to keep tighter. I could do with shorter body/longer elastics as well. I remember the Excellence brand ,actually, and tried to contact them a couple years ago, but they were already out of business.

Well, I'm checking on the design/lettering I want on the one from Dusty Stock, and will order one. Saw one on a friend this week-end, and it looked rather good, especially for this kind of price.

rolando_ol

Familiar Face
Hi guys
I'm a little late to this thread but found it while reevaluating my wardrobe. I was thinking of getting the motorcycle sweater. Does anyone have any longer term thoughts on it? Is the wool super itchy/rough or smoother? I know all wool has some of those qualities but it does differ depending on wash, knitting method, etc. (does anyone have one they want to sell? lol).
Thanks in advance-
Your man in the Hudson

Depending on your body type, you might want to consider the Jersey. It is the same, but without the wide waistband. I find it more flattering on my mid-life physique :)

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Langlitz Leathers, in order to celebrate their 70 year anniversary, collaborated with Dehen to have a limited run of sweaters done up. Langlitz had them for sale thru their shop; I was terrified to ask what they cost. :D

MC20Sweater2001.JPG

MC20Sweater2002.JPG

My club also used Dehen to do a sweater run to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of our inception. They are pricey, but man, if you're fortunate enough to be able to afford one, they sure are nice to have.

I'm 6'1" 230 - 235 and this is an XL.

FF7F30D4-AC9D-42B3-94DD-9FDA2C7DDCBE_zpsnh0wuenk.jpg

25039759-1E4A-440A-82B2-4677295E5CFB_zps3vwoqzzn.jpg

EF08A981-6D30-4725-AF41-5864D7B97E27_zpsjzepgca6.jpg

7280F9E6-CA5F-4997-975D-5E4ACC20B81F_zpsrpvxpsmb.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I called Langlitz this afternoon and ordered one of their 70th anniversary sweaters after seeing the post above (damn this place!). Bluesforchallah was right to be nervous about asking the price as it cost about as much most of the other sweaters I own put together. On the bright side, my girlfriend liked the look of it right off, and that is more than I can say for any of my leather jackets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112