Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

yakima

One of the Regulars
My well travelled Type 2

j6mQZu.jpg

Nice!

I tell you, actually that denim jacket-thing got me really! I don't know really, what it is, but one thing on my slim-fitted type III is, that it got the perfect fit for my body.

AND I can perfectly lay my underarms into the side-pockets, down, which I cannot do this way on all of my other types of jackets!

AND it got the perfect sleeve-length for me: 64 centimeters!

AND yesterday, after weeks of thinking about, I finally decided, to visit Karstadt again, to get a second exemplar of mine, as an auxiliary-exemplar! :) You don't know, what's coming, so better go secure! :):):)

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
AX09r-Okq1qVPe8dX2_j_UrpPRxS5ebpACmcy8G1QtKkzU0UfezJi1-o19VQ73fCdUFb7nt1cqo=w1708-h960-no
9wHU0NhuxW4-A-zx_fGeafczoXCxFcbJrARRxuUiKf3Y-ZPFPAgF2R4nfYfo2B2pACYfhs6rXE0=w1708-h960-no
gfTEWEQZXClNm7bcpjOXGy7oLettLdYYnSOgBBBMa0Ur0qGHR6QFXI2t9maXYaIKL-W96u_ttlE=w1708-h960-no

I have always preferred the Lee over the other makes. Until this forum never knew they made reproductions of these jackets. I bought these un used at a Salvation Army store. Produced for a Seed Corn company here in the mid west. They are so stiff as being very difficult to button. I got these out after an inquiry last night. I have a couple of these that are in worn comfortable condition. I would assume these are fairly new production.

I already thought about a denim jacket-button championship, some times ago. :D

I need 15 seconds, for button my type III-jacket complete,WHEN I'm using my concentrated special hand-grip.

You have to find out. ;)

And I tell you:

This coming winter, I will try, not to think about buying a typical denim sherpa-winterjacket and test the other possibility of just wearing my basic denim-jacket with my heavy-warming, plushy thermo-flannel shirts under it, as an subsitute.

I'm tense, if it will work well! :)

yakima

One of the Regulars
Denim?

Well, nearly.

This is Gingham, which was the stuff the old manufacturers used in that intermediate period when they gave up using tent fabric (duck), and started using denim....

This is a ltd edition version of a Rising Sun Jacket, produced exclusively for H W Carter of Brooklyn.

Both companies are now, sadly, no longer with us, which just makes me feel a little blessed to have been able to buy this thing when I did..:)

ceCvjq.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Nice!

I tell you, actually that denim jacket-thing got me really! I don't know really, what it is, but one thing on my slim-fitted type III is, that it got the perfect fit for my body.

AND I can perfectly lay my underarms into the side-pockets, down, which I cannot do this way on all of my other types of jackets!

AND it got the perfect sleeve-length for me: 64 centimeters!

AND yesterday, after weeks of thinking about, I finally decided, to visit Karstadt again, to get a second exemplar of mine, as an auxiliary-exemplar! :) You don't know, what's coming, so better go secure! :):):)

yeah, once you find stuff that works well on you, buy multiple :) before the manufacturers discontinue them or tweak their pattern. I have exactly the same black jeans x3 and exactly the same grey t-shirts x6.
:( maybe people think I never wash my clothes

kellym

New in Town
I tried to post this to the for sale section, but since I'm a new user I'm unable; I figure this post is as good as any. Anyway, I'm selling a fantastic 1930's Black Bear Brand Denim Chore Coat on eBay if anyone is interested.

gMpJK9N.jpg

The measurements are: Chest 36", length (from shoulder to hem) 24", Sleeve (from underarm to cuff) 16 1/2".

I think most will find the sleeves are a little short, but it's a beautiful and obviously very rare.

I'm not going to post the link, as I don't know if that's allowed (if it is, let me know). Here's a link to more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/7UUW7.

Aah, now I saw, that even the authentic "Levi's vintage-clothing" type III-jacket seems to have no sidepockets and no inner-pockets and only the two breast-pockets!

Now, I'm even happier about my nice storebrand-jacket with the SIX pockets!! I can park a letter or other documents in my inner-pockets, for example. :) The breast-pockets are for tissue-packages and so on. ;)

yakima

One of the Regulars
Dropping colder tonite.

Time to break out the heavy denim!

23oz plus blanket lining.

I've been out in very cold wet weather in this, and the wet has never got all the way through.

I bought this from a guy in San Francisco. Is it ever cold enough for one of these in 'Frisco?

fOzRZK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto