Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Clothing Co Buco J-100

As difficult as it is to fit men with jackets, women are much more of a challenge. I had a girlfriend before I got married and she also rode a motorcycle. I think her jackets of choice were Lewis - been a while. It was damn near impossible for her to get one that fit her as she was slight with a large top. If it fit in the waist, the top was pretty darn tight. If it fit the top, the waist was larger. And they were cut for women too.
I'm not in agreement with @Monitor on this one at all. And I blame @Superfluous for his rant ;)

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I think the J100 fits slimmer. The back shot particularly. From the front there’s nothing much in it but the longer jacket gives more the illusion of being a slimmer fit. Both look good on you.

Well, in retrospect, it may have been the sleeves and the length that made me believe it's not as good as it could be, but I still like the Sheene a lot more. :)

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I thought I'd try a comparative analysis of the Aero Sheene and the DD J-100. First of all, the OP had the benefit of a final "fit" jacket from Aero which in and of itself is IMO also a keeper

Especially now that the jacket has a lining and pockets !

viwgn2N60tYpx3X5C2KLRpI9nTNfBLqX62WRuLzsCpTb28WLA9HvHd-FnbOcJpu8xKii-xVksk-Mr0ssBrEwfMjBGKzRXFsBoKta_yQSXWeQwCInxV2y_Pj03MIcwhgY6nx0OTyU-Zx6WwrDgZhIUybMlR4CXkY6e8pmcCxy4-G_3nXDiDNBlaEc-FMfSft3LG4TWgXTKK-wG5V6AWc7s60MrjI8qru7ow-IEdjNPA1wu666cYAp-2xPnqyxvaSfjflB9zisHOxLbLza5cPlnXWmRVw47iLtcS9P3SOZHu7HI8FxgHuqzkbkhH7YeohYqlR8du_T_gvyPaMGoin9UQUsk9XVl5ylztit8RH0Jy4sM38M0CPaN6SoYUYbrzT99RaBAojLW5kYkJsTFRsYi73f-flNrClJsiX4NbpnVhIAAUur2E7xDUedqPA0RgerqXbnpemfWJ5LRqFWnHZL4Af1_zcNEp-mg-RXoGRagONAj0pJ8vW-DmDg3kMn2wS2XXhTVdkXz5ddEjF2hhONbRSchZzBS_u53kqUVsC7u2b5BAfH4FC_voEG2aiY1_g=w800-h600-no

8a177RKBUH3mkgwMIp_ECmQD67gzgVAeKlwLGRYfjwcKkOybYofs8CKL2xBQtjrUwNfiyiaXcGeG7wc5hW55jK3J9i6llxlMOyRj93EVgl5d92m4OSE4O_Nez0xQnvYd37du9kdc9Va3IIPnQwzy5EB5e7KbJAmKZVRcSJKOCBWziUQIqqE2sMcaWTcb_jXtA4iv0HbqmMLrbXlZ0d-y0Iiygdue1IfDzgF7e2X_RZdIA6noYV3EaJbHDOu2BJsUNSlvag0TE9MDKT8mY7NSsuV_2X59VW6KeQRRrFYW-Ht4ksJrETyzbfSBiEkiNZ80ub86DLVSuTE-dzBNN96F7LEMJ14DK8FfRHzocf-wz64ftcD8BkFtSfI3Xy46uzWhF8R0aMydoMW_LAHdbwLbZTBMchq8W188W-9OcmzGWzICRnlRtFNnlQBku0cIjEGZ9GxGVy1r7RnZj6WwHa2nNEH4pE-_i3cIU5CXtLMZgVrtRYukZ8Y9_wrsE7csZEjEntQmH9AXAkM_vtiTZrzWz0PL7intPRlKdmk23snlX6jZcznk8sG_P720SxGf1VE=w600-h800-no

To me the most obvious difference is the longer body length of the DD J-100. I think the Sheene is black Vicenza HH whereas the J-100 is Shinki HH. Correct? If so, I would be interested in the OP's comparative analysis of the weight, feel and drape of the two jackets since pictures are only two dimensional.

You are correct Franch the Sheene is Vicenza and the J-100 is Shinki.
The weight and thickness are quite similar but the Shinki is way more supple, so, it drapes really well. I have to break my Sheene at least 3 months to get to the softness of the Shinki right off the box.
There is also a difference with the leather new and broke in, if you go back to the Sheene thread you also see a difference between the photos where I just got the jacket and after a few months of wear, the fit is different.

You can also begin to see the difference between yesterday and today, I wore the jacket all day and wear it zip up while driving.

KqfaJYJABGjOnfg_cv4rgcCOgk0SIUT--Kvcy4K1DpSmnLSIwHiD1iOnk5l4YnlKJ_R1rnzeaflGXSfjQqWzvvHcapqozpkOc-Vmsm-KUSDbIJHVdR9xu31m9SyhBrf4NnYiWi4HcI-TpLkr2-TEZ5rr59TN7HBuO8tVF1-jTGTEUWTuRd7ihYeCHyEHcZNdJrUjVHy5qaK7TQYqXXH8ChznoCiciAvo5Yzj94bBWTC14QR4i1bX5--fhWjXo-84N9IMonVmEOv4fQM-0Jz4DGBiNrzsRKZ58KHKRte5zyLZ11AS0Dd_sHmJhppugxlhWS1CCP6_nNZMKupOpaLTR2mjFTjHSXjKdsM7cmxtY_fQ3xFqbVwNmMKv9SfHmYEfA0zjSkcxSXY0y8qqJRjFmN9sMZKMS381BRTjS2jgCotgBDC6Y7oNikevg3-Va8I_s549YP1r-uxKgAbRjySNp7yPFrZmmUJga5WrNAOU_H7xbgsASoAumNAi3l_5j6x1PJkEANWtanIrFNgsqscNvD83-SnfpV7HabTavtZQ2fdUt76xi53dPuNNKfXXoLg=w533-h800-no

I'm not in agreement with @Monitor on this one at all. And I blame @Superfluous for his rant ;)

LOL, I respect Monitor view, the perfect fit is quite subjective to different eyes but thanks Butte! :)

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
All of the above Fanch, wore it non stop all day yesterday and this time the photo is taken with my DSLR and not the iPhone, I also corrected the lens distortion and colors.

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are correct Franch the Sheene is Vicenza and the J-100 is Shinki. The weight and thickness are quite similar but the Shinki is way more supple, so, it drapes really well.

Agreed. Vicenza is a wonderful HH and *similar* to Shinki, but I still prefer Shinki for the exact reason you identified.

Yes, dear.

FWIW, I PM'd Speedy with my observation regarding her jacket. Not surprisingly, her response was warm and congenial.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I think what you guys were seeing was the fact that as of now the jacket is pretty tubular and long and really hides your waistline.
Although i noticed that, i really believe that as it gets broken in this feature will disappear and it will look great, which is why i didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Give it a couple week for the creases to form at the waist and the arms to lose their roundness, and i am sure we will all agree that it fits great!

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also don't think you can order a classic mens pattern (Buco) and expect it to fit like a women's jacket with a few small tweaks. But I'm guessing Speedy wanted a J-100 but one that just fit her a little better than a standard men's, I think that's what she got.[emoji2]

Roma

A-List Customer
In light of recent discussion, I'll be honest with you here - it's a really, really beautiful jacket & one that certainly fits you but I... don't think it's flattering you, Speed. I have this idea of how women's jackets should fit and this isn't it. It's an entirely subjective view, but I think it's too roomy around the waist and that the sleeves should've definitely been slimmed down. These jackets are very form fitting, perhaps more so than any other style, and it's how most of the guys wear 'em, so I believe this should've been especially true for you. Again, it fits you but it kind of looks like you're wearing men's jacket in your size. Not a bad thing, not saying that it doesn't look good on you but I think you deserve better. Again, just my opinion and I hope no offense will be taken. :)
Completely agree with your point, Monitor.

Roma

A-List Customer
Just before last Christmas, I contacted Dave about the possibility of making me a J-100.

I'm his first female customer and he agreed to make a J-100 for a woman.

I gave him the measurements he asked, a photo of me wearing my Sheene so he could have an idea of my body shape and nothing else.

For the leather I choose his Shinki Tea Core HH, it's been a while since I wanted to own a garment made of Shinki HH since everyone rave about it and I wasn't disappointed.

Dave made a fantastic job, the jacket fits perfectly, the Shinki is amazing and comfortable.

It was a pleasure to deal with Dave.

Some photos taken quickly since I have to be back at work shortly.

a3e907abffef3ef101dcf882c95d271c.jpg

193c210c6bf95d3bf42c4467f5696b27.jpg

f394993a295d46b2c809a2c1d23b8841.jpg
In my opinion it looks great now and will look even better over time when the roundness of the sleeves and waist disappear. But, it could have also looked even better just rigth out of the box. In this respect I agree with Monitor's point. On the other hand, we pay for a great fit and look. I mean the slimmer the jacket is the better it looks but the less room it gives. So you have a kinda compromise here: it looks great now and gives you room for comfortability. And as Carlos mentioned, over time it will be even better. As for me, I have a very slim fitted Aero Cafe racer and pretty loose LHB. The Racer looks stunning but I don't like the way it confines me. So I wear it over a t-shirt only which doesn't make the jacket versatile. The LHB is absolutely comfortable but looks bulky. So, it's up to you but I like your fit now, I will like it in a month even more and I would have liked it if you had chosen it slimmer. Well done!

I'm curious to see how is the jacket developing. Anything to report, Speedy? :D

Also, this might be as good of a thread as any to ask - is the sleeve zipper placed at the very center of the upper sleeve panel, and is it going straight up?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
The jacket is beginning to form to my body, but I'm not wearing it every day. With this weather I'm usually wearing my Duffle Coat and when I can my J100... like today!
Also the leather being so supple, the creasing is a very slow process and I don't want to soak the jacket since some have report the shinki shrunk.

Two crappy photos from the iPhone, taken alone at work (don't mind the mess in the background)

b9bTnTZxHYcCE5WliKGXBnK5HKpos82nWijS8zO0bMY2AXFUcnwS6sj6CVa0Rg7A8zRMqVKwewFkkArZqJBIvN6fS6i_anCCzvhpGJ08UgROCbPd6vrY4Uqu9AGRN4d2GNqD7yQFj4kgBTRTxK9bYdI-_zfhPKc6Ilphx3gpoYrOmg1hRYuCoO_xSTVEswoiqrPBREkvtXgWKp6PZXVe-kKSEWGTGgEJgsGYvU4eaopw_SmF34RPVJM0SaoLt6X5SKGlSIw29HoQhbbEZrkqQ1F-XH9vwBbgqof2nwG475lmUyU0z-LwW_22feqopNMCILz2uIgGBYrsQMQlbE3v9iYUCgZytYmiBHMWgnnYBUEYfc4wa5LaD-ybMay3DGCxQF2y7TyHHs5KDqGIpkpfyzD4oiIRNxKAUkh6oSHyX3kbPAE8paefnfp6LfuaMsdekvEI3EwIMv79WcDq8Yps9sF6GMyUN8i-LU0Uy-JBd9GROrgVcooQGSNqR6rIYbkV-5ICm7460fp9hYBrru8sSw7kvpaWHZUU9Gwz6jfstEXbyGmENURbhPPXK7ZQztg=w511-h800-no
EJyIequjVITRR8c_jd5oJYrNHUgX5KeOqiv3MoQqnIp7lSlCwLM5VtykfVZcx6TJekJYOhOGhv_QAXFR3xQGVpOMh6qm43PGm_g-SgzlLse_3I6UN-KYfw0QI8Ub6kecQ2yplOsmdqFu7G7cHduK3x4cQpPWSCUEVleMJZLDJZGyESZaxC3HWOU0BLzoVPp5u1zpG8oqs1HFvJDEKFUZ_5u260kVYEMnmQVejUCjInyuUkRldTAzNsyI6Z7E7TzM35bXz3MaxGluB5VHVWK9FssXIbWZdmOV7b-VOYcLL1q8xhQjYsrJ037xlHQWYYxoxjZ91H5PseLX4xzMWEjfO2z1r62838f8cINx4iYZ189Dkma9aV3pCAvqAinoZ2DHnZP9qVDwXQ5QllrceJ-kt1UwXSKO16Nc3OAU-RumCAwlbUqShkXgo4KGGpmHGheoEWq1OdShJLX9rrdYpo31wocWjNCyYlZ_wRLmnpM9xluJjMx-8eeudw4im3QK1RvAzfGthzVLVLIxe53Rok6w_2FpS8r5BDVk9-KVZT9ORJ3hSOurthKfWqoEnbHOP-M=w511-h800-no

As for the sleeves what do you mean ?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Speedy what back/sleeve length is that j100?

Back length : 66cm / 26in
Sleeves length : 59cm / 23.22in

Don't be surprise of the sleeves length I have really small arms, even DD was surprise and asked me two times to take the measurement for my arms.

mattc123

New in Town
And you're 5'3? Don't mean to pry. Just asking because I'm the same height and ordered a board racer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112