Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Dave - Buco J-21

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Carlos, how's your J100 doing??

Well honestly, i have been wearing my Aero D-pocket for the moment... I love it!
The J-100 is still the same, i don't enjoy wearing it as much because the thick rayon lining is very sweaty and doesn't feel good.
I wear it, but not on a daily basis like A-1 does his.

A-1

One Too Many
wavvvvvvvvves
69de0fbf492e1fe041815022bd0fd08a.jpg

Some sunny evolution photos:
3049330166c7a856f10b42daaeef74d8.jpg

92836f453e381c52d65e6a4e7531e0da.jpg

de2bddbd4673b57c2e91266113d6b90c.jpg

3f2372705f612dc4caf2b4ed59676a77.jpg

22a93aac1b03ebf3a25846db832e5b96.jpg

3701abd5a41de6aa20510db7fd39d08b.jpg

56588a5bc56a3ff8a7716f2ae23ad572.jpg

6520aa8fc98d1350f99e0b6328a2677b.jpg

55bb9aa90b426d1901e1cf68b94311ca.jpg

1698990ee715a2cbebfe56afc881d52e.jpg

f821f451229116f19d6bed5a1ac1506d.jpg

d0e34bac9d822a48b3e025bb5ab6826c.jpg

c7df6e6bc7eb067b6b303d880c9500cb.jpg

5575cf680ae18f556cb760cadfa16330.jpg

I'm happy that I chose the tea core hide. I understand if some people dislike it but I love it. I think it suits my style perfectly as well.
What's not to like??? I'm hoping the CXL overdye achieves half this....10 years from now .

Last edited:
Reactions: A-1

A-1

One Too Many
Thanks for the love everyone! I’m happy you also like my piece of work. Haha.
It’s a pleasure to wear this jacket, I get the feeling there’s a development every time I wear it. And I mean that in a good way, a very good way.

BobJ

Practically Family
Awesome jacket A-1! I believe it's the first one to make it up to the "God tier" ;) What's so neat about it is how it has fitted itself to you and your life - how you put your hands into your pockets, how you bend your wrists when riding your bicycle, the weather you experience, rubbing against branches in the woods, guitars, and rough-haired little donkeys!

It is your jacket, and yours alone. It bears the imprint of you and your life. I'm sure it's a treasured joy to have, and that you two will grow old together. When you're old and frail, it will be as soft and light as a lamb-suede windbreaker!

PS - I think I see what you have in that coin pocket ;)

Reactions: A-1

A-1

One Too Many
Awesome jacket A-1! I believe it's the first one to make it up to the "God tier" ;) What's so neat about it is how it has fitted itself to you and your life - how you put your hands into your pockets, how you bend your wrists when riding your bicycle, the weather you experience, rubbing against branches in the woods, guitars, and rough-haired little donkeys!

It is your jacket, and yours alone. It bears the imprint of you and your life. I'm sure it's a treasured joy to have, and that you two will grow old together. When you're old and frail, it will be as soft and light as a lamb-suede windbreaker!

PS - I think I see what you have in that coin pocket ;)

Thank you so much Bob! That's really nice of you to say!

@Monitor and Ton: I think it's maybe the creases and the fading to brown that make it appear more 3D. It's much more supple now, but the leather has always been on the thick side.

@Nick: It's the only jacket I wore this year. When I needed a jacket, this was it. But in summer when it was 30 degrees Celsius, I was not wearing a jacket obviously.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Newly arrived Diamond Dave Buco J-71 Repro Jacket in light weight tea core Rockford horsehide from Horween.

I received this Yesterday from an ebay auction direct from Dave. After wearing my Lost Worlds and Vanson jackets this feels very light. This is made with a 2.75-3 oz. horse hide which is significantly lighter and more flexible. It feels much like the vintage jackets that I've handled in weight. The quilted lining is very light weight and feels comfortable. This was listed as lightly distressed and there is some worn areas (scrapes, etc...) on the jacket. I'd prefer it wasn't distressed at all but at the price I was ok with it. The sizing was listed as a snug size 48 and I'd say that's reasonably accurate but is much snugger than many other jacket manufacturers. If you normally wear a size 48 in Aero or Lost Worlds than you might want to size up to a size 50 on a DD jacket. This does have a significant drop in size from the chest to the gut compared to all of my other jackets except for my Bill Kelso G-1. I look forward to seeing how the Rockford tea-core leather ages with use.

The only major con with this jacket was that it has a very strong stale cigarette smell. Because this was a prototype jacket in Dave's own size I'd guess that he probably wore it around a bit and maybe stored it somewhere where a lot of smoking was going on. The smell will eventually air out but for now this jacket will have to be hung up in the basement or enclosed porch because any room it's in takes on the smell quickly. It would have been nice if this had been mentioned on the ebay listing though that probably wouldn't have stopped me from getting it anyway.

One of my main reasons for being interested in this jacket was due to the tea core leather. The way A-1's Diamond Dave jacket is aging really drew me towards getting something that would fade from black to brown. Dave should really work out a deal with A-1 for any future jackets as he's a great advertisement for the brand. I also didn't have an asymmetrical jacket yet and wanted to give one a try.

w68RiOwh.jpg
H1qRcqqh.jpg
0QpFzP5h.jpg
oQSRn8Lh.jpg
3qinownh.jpg
5vcqR9Ah.jpg
D8jvxL2h.jpg
LCWzvdqh.jpg
n0eBvs8h.jpg
xPNjPejh.jpg

A-1

One Too Many
Newly arrived Diamond Dave Buco J-71 Repro Jacket in light weight tea core Rockford horsehide from Horween.

I received this Yesterday from an ebay auction direct from Dave. After wearing my Lost Worlds and Vanson jackets this feels very light. This is made with a 2.75-3 oz. horse hide which is significantly lighter and more flexible. It feels much like the vintage jackets that I've handled in weight. The quilted lining is very light weight and feels comfortable. This was listed as lightly distressed and there is some worn areas (scrapes, etc...) on the jacket. I'd prefer it wasn't distressed at all but at the price I was ok with it. The sizing was listed as a snug size 48 and I'd say that's reasonably accurate but is much snugger than many other jacket manufacturers. If you normally wear a size 48 in Aero or Lost Worlds than you might want to size up to a size 50 on a DD jacket. This does have a significant drop in size from the chest to the gut compared to all of my other jackets except for my Bill Kelso G-1. I look forward to seeing how the Rockford tea-core leather ages with use.

The only major con with this jacket was that it has a very strong stale cigarette smell. Because this was a prototype jacket in Dave's own size I'd guess that he probably wore it around a bit and maybe stored it somewhere where a lot of smoking was going on. The smell will eventually air out but for now this jacket will have to be hung up in the basement or enclosed porch because any room it's in takes on the smell quickly. It would have been nice if this had been mentioned on the ebay listing though that probably wouldn't have stopped me from getting it anyway.

One of my main reasons for being interested in this jacket was due to the tea core leather. The way A-1's Diamond Dave jacket is aging really drew me towards getting something that would fade from black to brown. Dave should really work out a deal with A-1 for any future jackets as he's a great advertisement for the brand. I also didn't have an asymmetrical jacket yet and wanted to give one a try.

w68RiOwh.jpg
H1qRcqqh.jpg
0QpFzP5h.jpg
oQSRn8Lh.jpg
3qinownh.jpg
5vcqR9Ah.jpg
D8jvxL2h.jpg
LCWzvdqh.jpg
n0eBvs8h.jpg
xPNjPejh.jpg

Hell yeahs man! Case that's a true winner! Hope the smell leaves the jacket...
It looks damn great on you buddy! Damn great!

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's a nice one. A little different than the other Buco copies out there, and this makes it extremely cool. As a former smoker, unless the the thing was subjected to heavy chain-smoking, I'd not be too worried. With the amount of wear you give your jackets, nearly all/all of the smell should dissipate. Sunlight helps but be careful as I've heard too much sun exposure may shrink the leather (just rumors). But in the past sunlight has helped greatly.
Smell or not, you found a perfect jacket for you. That one was calling you. Congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto