Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Laura Chase

One Too Many
alexandra said:
To me there's a limit. Corsets are supposed to enhance and perfect the female frame. To me, that frame, if larger, would just be a bad case of saddle bags and no one wants that.

Just because it's a smaller version, doesn't make it any more attractive.

Well, Dita is a corset fetishist and I surely can understand that. I think that extreme waist-training looks amazing and intriguing. For a fetishist, not everything is about beauty, some things are also just simply interesting and about pushing the limits, and I think that is what she is doing. So what corsets are "supposed to do" depends on who you are, really.

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
Geeeeez Rockapin-up
Thats gross.
The first girl looks like shes uncomfortable. I think i'd rather keep my natural curves then go to those extremes. If they wear the corsets all the time does that mean they wear them in the shower? hehe[huh]

alexandra

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
Well, Dita is a corset fetishist and I surely can understand that. I think that extreme waist-training looks amazing and intriguing. For a fetishist, not everything is about beauty, some things are also just simply interesting and about pushing the limits, and I think that is what she is doing. So what corsets are "supposed to do" depends on who you are, really.

I disagree. Laxatives are supposed to relieve constipation but people who are bulimic use them for losing weight. Pushing the limits of things just because you can and because you like the way it looks isn't always the best idea.

Snookie

Practically Family
So, I haven't really been following this thread, but I thought I'd jump in b/c I saw Dita on Sunday night at the Cicada Club. She there with a couple people, Maxwell took her for a spin on the dance floor, very cute. Anyway, aside from wearing this amazing gold-tone headpiece, she was very normal - slim, pretty, but not extreme in any way that I saw.

Well, now that I think about it, her heels were pretty extreme. Maybe 4"? But they did the trick - I didn't see her as teensy.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
alexandra said:
I think she looks pretty stupid with this much cinching.

I have to agree with that. In my opinion wearing a corset should give smooth curves, that's just too much. That's not an hourglass figure.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
artful dodgette said:
i guess it's because she really tries to emulate the girls in John Willies drawings, who all usually had crazily tiny waists...i don't know, she wears some stunning outfits, but when she claims that she has dressed this way from youth, i doubt it due to all of the photos from the early 90s...[huh]

I'm intrigued... how did she look in the early 90s?

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Please don't forget that these Playboy cover photos are *highly* touched up. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the photo was manipulated to make her waist look even smaller. The headline does say "the return of fetish" after all.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Ada Veen said:
I'm intrigued... how did she look in the early 90s?
ditavonteeseSPL_468x393.jpg

And

dita.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
lookin good! lol

blonde quite suits her, I think, though I'm not sure about the style.

lol We may discuss not liking certain fashion eras like the 70s or 80s, but I think the 90s were far worse. It was the beginning of the end that brought on the reign of slobby and much too casual dressing. At least in the 70s and 80s people still dressed up. lol

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:

Top left - You just know that one of Martin Sheen's sons and Mollie Ringwald were cropped out...

and the bottom one has to be a Traci Lords look alike contest...

DAMN - I'm in the Ladies' Room AGAIN! With my reputation...

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
lol We may discuss not liking certain fashion eras like the 70s or 80s, but I think the 90s were far worse. It was the beginning of the end that brought on the reign of slobby and much too casual dressing. At least in the 70s and 80s people still dressed up. lol

I agree...when you look at early episodes of Friends for example...what were they thinking! I can't talk, I was all kitted out in lumberjack shirts and belly tops...and yes, the Rachel cut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points