Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
flynndashing.jpg

Oh how could I forget Mr. Flynn? I'd spend my life with William Powell but Errol Flynn for a fling--anytime, anyplace!

SaraBell

Familiar Face
BegintheBeguine said:
I too seem to crush over cute guys easily. When I was a child, I had a crush on the drummer form the Banana Splits. Right now I am embarrassed to admit I have an idiotic crush on a Lounge member! OOOOH, what new handsome pic will he post of himself next? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who hasn't had a little crush on a fellow lounger at one time or another? lol

Hondo

One Too Many
I had a crush on Patty Duke when she had the TV show in the 60's lol
She was cute, come to think of it, I also had a crush on Patty Boyd, (who married beatle George Harrison) me thinks it was hair styles (bangs) the whole 60's thing :eek:

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Modern day crushes? Does Captain Jack Sparrow count?

Here here on Capt. Jack Sparrow! I totally don't get why I like him either, he has bad teeth, is always dirty, and is kind of a jerk, but Oh My Gawd! When I first saw him on the big screen he actually reminded me of a guy I used to date (he was a big jerk too!) because of the mannerisms. It made me laugh out loud in the theater.
As for a Golden Age crush, Jimmy Stewart all the way!! Esp. in It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Shop Around the Corner, and Harvey. Swoon!

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
BJonas said:
From the Golden Age, I like Fay Wray, Rita Hayworth, and a few Vargas Girls. )QUOTE]
I have a "thing" for a Varga Girl too, and I'm female! She is from April of 194? and has long red hair, is wearing some creamy colored lingere, is sitting on the floor with her legs on front and feet flat in the floor, knees bent up, and is holding what looks like a letter. The look on her face always makes me study the print I have to try and figure out what was in that letter and what she is feeling.

Oh, I forgot a couple of other crushes in my last post:
I have one on Hugh Laurie's character Mr. Palmer in Sense and Sensibility, and Josh Groban's voice makes me swoon.

Edit: I just found an online pic of my fav Varga Girl, and uploaded her as my avatar.

Hondo

One Too Many
Capt. Sparrow

VargasGirl said:
Here here on Capt. Jack Sparrow! I totally don't get why I like him either, he has bad teeth, is always dirty, and is kind of a jerk, but Oh My Gawd! When I first saw him on the big screen he actually reminded me of a guy I used to date (he was a big jerk too!) because of the mannerisms. It made me laugh out loud in the theater.
As for a Golden Age crush, Jimmy Stewart all the way!! Esp. in It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, The Shop Around the Corner, and Harvey. Swoon!

You certainly got better as time goes by; my question is why do women go for jerks, big or small? I don’t get it [huh] , is it because girls like the sense of danger, bad guys, and rebellion because Mom and Pop wouldn’t approve? but once you taste bad teeth or breaths go for something better, it’s been a mystery as long as I can remember, I don’t get it girls [huh]

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Hondo said:
You certainly got better as time goes by; my question is why do women go for jerks, big or small? I don’t get it [huh] , is it because girls like the sense of danger, bad guys, and rebellion because Mom and Pop wouldn’t approve? but once you taste bad teeth or breaths go for something better, it’s been a mystery as long as I can remember, I don’t get it girls [huh]
I think it's more the idea of a dangerous man that we really like. I think it was Jeff Foxworthy who said "in real life you get a dangerous man, and you find yourself hanging out the trailer window screaming at the cops 'Lock him up! Lock his as* up!' while he screams back "You better not touch my cigatettes woman!"

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:
my question is why do women go for jerks, big or small? I don’t get it
And they're never our kind of jerks, either...sarcastic, smart-ass, prone to embarrass themselves and/or others after a few too many...[huh]

Back OT, now...Latter-day gals I think would look great "period":

Maggie Gyllenhaal (late '20s-early '30s romantic heroine)
Catherine Keener (early '30s strong woman/bad girl)
Virginia Madsen (early-mid '30s hottie with a heart)
Jean Louisa Kelly (late '30s singing ingénue)
Lauren Graham (early '40s comedienne)
Lisa Edelstein (early '40s gal Friday)

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
VargasGirl said:

And here was me thinking I was the only gal to have a crush on Jimmy Stewart! He's so lovely in The Shop Around The Corner, I think I officially fell in love with him whilst watching that film, and have decided that my future husband must be just like him! x

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Hondo said:
why do women go for jerks, big or small?

Young women often like jerks (but I never did). A lot of young men are the same way. In fact there's a book out called Why Men Love B!tches.

Maybe it's the challenge they like. I, however, liked Will Turner over Capt. Jack Sparrow. Sparrow would have sold his own mother; Turner would have done anything for Miss Swan.

Hondo

One Too Many
I'm gonna have to pick up that book, sounds interesting, I don't know about b!tches but theres something about women who abuse men emotionally whether intentional (deceive) or not, these are my bad types I find fascinating, get sucked into them like a black widow :eusa_doh:
I know better but... they are so hot for some reason, they don't have to be beautiful, pretty types, you know what happens in the end :eusa_doh:
I got crazy humor here. lol

And Fletch! I like yours:
Maggie Gyllenhaal (late '20s-early '30s romantic heroine)
Catherine Keener (early '30s strong woman/bad girl)
Virginia Madsen (early-mid '30s hottie with a heart)
Jean Louisa Kelly (late '30s singing ing?©nue)
Lauren Graham (early '40s comedienne)
Lisa Edelstein (early '40s gal Friday)

I need to think this over, list by decades of the one's I know of any way ;)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Remember Prince, the recording artist? Women swooned over that guy. He had (has?) the same vibe as Jack Sparrow.

According to me and the friends I hung out with, we all thought Prince was a bit creepy. That guy has absolutely no sex appeal whatsoever! It has been a curiousity of mine, why he's had so many women [huh] Jack Sparrow comes across as the typical 'bad boy', Prince is just plain geeky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana