Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Rosie

One Too Many
I guess my crush if I were to have one would be this guy:

150x200.jpg

ah, he's just so.... hot!

I never got the Prince thing either. My cousin/best friend adores him. We saw him in concert about two years ago (I wasn't really impressed, I like his music but come on what is he like 4'1", 80 lbs?), she was :eek: . He just isn't my thing.

I didn't realize people thought Jack Sparrow was hot. [huh] I mean, he's a pirate, how hot is that? [huh]

I'm not the type of girl who likes bad boys. I like nice quiet geeky good guys. The current guy I dig wears big black frammed glasses, is a whiz with the innards of a computer and listens to underground '80s pop. He also nearly cried because I downloaded a bunch of Superman radio shows for him. lol I like him lots. :)

moustache

Practically Family
Grace

katiemakeup said:
I was just thinking about someone from my 'dead celebrity boyfriend club' when it dawned on me that everyone has a crush from time to time~real or harmless... maybe it's a screen idol from the Golden Era, someone you work with or even a passer-by.

Do you daydream about anyone or anytype of person? Do you think they are healthy or dangerous? Any crush stories? Hmmm.....

Grace Kelly and Reese Witherspoon.

JD

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Louise Brooks, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall: four darlings to make the dullest fellow develop a romantic instinct.

Hondo

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Hey Hondo, thanks for the vote of confidence –*and I'll look forward to your list of lovelies.

I'm sorry I just can't do this, there are too many, I like Maggie Gyllenhaal and Keener, but those others I am not quite sure of. [huh]

Its just tough to single out, even by decades, theres just too many actresses, Matt reminded me of the mid 1960's or early 1970's, so Diana Rigg's fits the bill there, I always loved her and I'll take Genevieve Bujuld's. Haven't heard of her in years, I Remember "Anna of a thousand Days"? :)

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Funny ... as a man, I find Jack Sparrow's character to be homosexual-esque. Prince, on the other hand, had Apollonia, Sheila E., Sinead O'Connor, and who knows how many other women in his, er, stable.

I think guys think that (you aren't the first to say that) Jack comes off as gay becuase he is flamboyant. Flamboyant, yes, flamboyantly gay, no.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Lola Valentine said:
And here was me thinking I was the only gal to have a crush on Jimmy Stewart! He's so lovely in The Shop Around The Corner, I think I officially fell in love with him whilst watching that film, and have decided that my future husband must be just like him! x
I feel the same way, there is just something about him that makes even his imperfections, well, perfect! Although I love my boyfriend (of 1 year in 4 days!), he is in no way like Jimmy Stewart. I really don't think you can find a guy like him nowadays. So sad...

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
One golden age gal I've always had a thing for doesn't ever really get her due: Gene Tierney. Absolutely stunning, and a great actress, to boot, and yet she seems almost forgotten. Who could forget her in Laura, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, or Heaven Can Wait? Not a great flick, but I really fell for her in The Left Hand of God.

GeneTierney.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i agree, Gene Tierney is amazing, but i feel there is (and maybe this is part of the appeal) a strange emptiness about her appearance. a kind of lost, puzzled look, as if she had no idea who she was.

Elaina

One Too Many
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I like nerds. Buster Keaton's attractive, but I have to say my all time fave (not even going to say it with a straight face even) is John Ritter. He's goofy, he's cute...what's not to love? That or Christopher Lambert. Both were men I noticed as a kid (before I was old enough to understand "sex appeal").

Story in my house was my sister would sit and watch Elvis and John Travolta...want me to shut up, turn on Three's company.

Elaina

One Too Many
I just reread the thread, and caught Capt. Kirk: Shatner was a nice looking young man, but when I discovered my grandmother lived the cul-de-sac over from DeForest Kelly...THAT was a man who could steal your heart. 26 years later, he truly was a man that could make you feel special (not that good looking, but he had an awesome sense of humor) and has always been my favorite Star Trek character.

I'm going to back away from this thread now. My husband'll see then I'll have to explain that he's my favorite nerd.:rolleyes:

olive bleu

One Too Many
Elaina said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I like nerds. Buster Keaton's attractive, but I have to say my all time fave (not even going to say it with a straight face even) is John Ritter. He's goofy, he's cute...what's not to love? That or Christopher Lambert. Both were men I noticed as a kid (before I was old enough to understand "sex appeal").

Story in my house was my sister would sit and watch Elvis and John Travolta...want me to shut up, turn on Three's company.

i UNDERSTAND. i LIKE NERDS TOO. i HAVE ALWAYS HAD A THING FOR MATTHEW BRODERICK:)

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I have had such fun reading this thread. I really needed something light hearted to
put a smile back on my face!

I can say that my golden era crush hands down, no comparison is Cary Grant!
The man was hot when he started in films and he was handsome up until the day he passed on.

I also think Tyrone Power was handsome ~ Vincent Price had something attractive about him, Yul Brynner was handsome in my eyes as well.

Elvis Presley was just as hot as one could get...I have thought that if he ever walked through a door when he was young, and had I been there I would have probably stammered out a "hi" and then passed out.

Strange assortment of men there...however, it's a nice spice rack!
Great for cooking a good meal! :p

These days ~ Christian Bale ~ is the man that makes me stop in my tracks on the silver screen.
I LOVED him in Batman Begins. A friend of mine just reminded me that he was the young boy in Empire of the Sun. I also, think Matthew Mcconaughey is handsome. My number ONE crush though is on my gorgeous hubby who looks a lot like a younger Clint Eastwood to me.

Here is a pic of Christian Bale. I think he has a bit of that classic hollywood look about him.

159173.jpg

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
jazzzbaby said:
Elvis Presley was just as hot as one could get...I have thought that if he ever walked through a door when he was young, and had I been there I would have probably stammered out a "hi" and then passed out.

These days ~ Christian Bale ~ is the man that makes me stop in my tracks on the silver screen.

Oh Elvis! Although I am normally drawn to tall (over 6'1") and skinny guys, Elvis was yummy. (I say was because I for one believe he is dead, just accept it people! and my attraction for him ends around his comeback show era.) I love the movie G.I. Blues so much I memorized the words, German and all to 'Wooden Heart" and now sing it for naptime to the 2 year old I nanny for. Even if I try to sing something else, he demands I sing "Heart".

Christian Bale is great too. I liked him has Laurie in Little Women, excpet the infamous spit string kiss scene. Couldn't they have edited that out? Even his pointy vampire-like teeth are cute. Hey, maybe cast him in a remake of Dracula?...

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
herringbonekid said:
i agree, Gene Tierney is amazing, but i feel there is (and maybe this is part of the appeal) a strange emptiness about her appearance. a kind of lost, puzzled look, as if she had no idea who she was.
HBK, you might be right! She had some real bouts with depression and some shock treatment sessions after her daughter, Daria, was born severely disabled. Depending on where you see her in her career, that emptiness may be genuine!

Ladies, no mention of Rock Hudson? I thought he was the end all, be all, at least for a while. I've only ever seen him in one things that I can remember, All That Heaven Allows, with Jane Wyman.

olive bleu

One Too Many
CharlieH. said:
Is it just me, or does this guy never age? He looks the same today as he did when he did Ferris Bueller.
yeah, you are absolutely right. I first discovered him in Biloxi Blues.Maybe I am attracted to the eternal boyhood.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I've been away from the Lounge for a few days, and it was funny to read through all of these.

Classic crushes:

- William Powell (but mostly as Nick Charles). Wouldn't it be great to be Nora for a day?
- Montgomery Clift -- the original McDreamy.

Current crushes:
- John Krasinski. He plays Jim on the US version of the Office.
- Clive Owen. I think he would have been the best choice for the new Bond.

I'll also concur with a couple of other ladies--there are several crushworthy members of the forum. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto