Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have vintage kids?

Lillemor

One Too Many
No, my only wish is that they become as nerdy as my husband and I. Anything else regarding lifestyle, tastes and interests are up to them. Like most kids though, I don't think my boys can help be influenced by our interests and hobbies. We're all nerds, that's what we've passed on. Besides, I can't afford to dress them in a certain style. I buy where it's cheapest and I gratefully receive second hand clothes. The boys know that mom likes "old" clothes too and that it's nothing to be ashamed of. They already talk about how they want to wear smart suits some day so that's positive.:)

December

One of the Regulars
My ten year old brother went through a stage a couple of years ago of being really into Singing in the Rain and wanted to dress like Gene Kelly all the time. I thought it was adorable... then I found out that he was just imitating George Sampson! :rolleyes:

Although I did find a vintage Arsenal shirt for him recently (he's a gigantic Arsenal fan!) and he loves that.

He'll be master of ceremonies at our wedding in three years so I'll have to find him a vintage suit.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
This is about as Vintage as my son gets! He's nearly 14 now and he'd be appalled that I'd posted it!
This was when he was about 6. He tolerates my vintage style, and says 'Well, at least you're not a cybergoth like Johns' mum!'lol

camandkate.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112